Do all ebay purchases receive a shipping confirmation email? It has been six days and nothing.

zeb365
Community Member

I purchased an item,from what I am assuming, is a first time seller on Ebay as there was no feedback or seller rating. The purchase confirmation was sent but I did not receive a shipping confirmation, it has been six days now. It is being shipped free from China and shows the expected date of arrival etc on the listing. I have tried to contact the seller twice now with no success, should I be worried?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Do all ebay purchases receive a shipping confirmation email? It has been six days and nothing.

Not really.

You are always protected by the eBay (and Paypal) Buyer Protection program(s).

If the seller did not use a tracked service for shipping (which is a Seller Protection) and is slow about marking your item shipped, well, stuff happens.

Mark the last estimated arrival date on your calendar and if the item does not arrive by then, you can open a Dispute and get your payment refunded.

The Lunar New Year starts on the 28th and is a Big Deal in China, so there may be some slowdowns over the next week. Even with that it is normal for shipping from China to take 30 days or more.

But again, your money is protected.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you 😊
Message 3 of 3
latest reply