Do other people have issues with the delivery of products, fed-ex and ups refuse to deliver product

paupitr-0
Community Member

i have had a few experiences with Fed-ex  and ups , When products are delivered to the door ,the guy slips the notice on the door

and never rings the doorbell, and in return i have to go across the city to pick up the parcel, and the fees are high so what are we paying for

I have complained to know avaail, whats wrong with regular mail, they deliver.

Thank-you

paul pitre

View Entire Topic

There is a now dormant post on Buyer Central with thousands and thousands of complaints about couriers.

You are not alone.

The basic problem is that domestically, UPS and FedEx offer service very much like USPS, but with more thorough tracking as well as pickup from the seller. US sellers love this.

The problem arises because US sellers do not realize that couriers charge not only the legally binding import fees (duty and sales tax on any item over $20Cdn (about $16 US) but also a huge 'customs brokerage ' fee , usually $25 or more.  The seller is not told this by the courier, and really should not be blamed.

The only answer is to shop carefully and be sure that the seller is going to use USPS (or the GST spit spit spit) which will in turn have your purchase delivered by Canada Post.

he guy slips the notice on the door

and never rings the doorbell,

The only possiblity is to put a notice on your door saying I'M HOME- PLEASE RING DOORBELL. 

And when that is ignored make a written complaint when you make the trek to the UPS /FedEx office.

Hmmm-  sometimes that Notice gives you an opportunity to make an appointment for delivery. Sometimes.

Ask a Question