GSP - No delivery past the estimated date, no update on tracking since day 1.

nminhbang
Community Member

Hey there,

I bought an item on 05-08-2016, and the estimated delivery date was 15/16-08-2016, from the UK to the Netherlands.

Sure, it's been one day since the estimated delivery date, however, the fact that the tracking hasn't ever updated worries me.

When I go into my purchase history and check the UPAA tracking link, the only thing that appears is the tracking number and "Courier: Multiple Carriers". Nothing else.

I understand I might be acting a bit paranoid, but having even the slightest amount of information on where my item is would be reassuring.

I have contacted both ebay and the seller on this issue, and have gotten the advice from ebay customer service to open a case if I end up never receiving the item, but how long should I wait?

Advice is highly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You got good advice from Customer Service, shockingly.

Tracking is a benefit for the seller. It is used to prove delivery when a buyer is claiming otherwise.

For sellers using the GSP, only delivery to the GSP plant is required. After that, GSP takes on responsibility.

For buyers is it mostly the warm fuzzies, although some rural buyers have pointed out that if they are not home it can be a long trip to the pickup point.

If you are not home when the parcel arrives, the carrier will leave you a notice saying where and when you can pick up.

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

Now if that doesn't work, or if your parcel is wildly delayed  (Personally, I allow 20 days from purchase for delivery from North America, 30 days from Asia. No idea on delivery within the EU, four or five days perhaps?) go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page. 

Open an Item Not Received Dispute.

Say that the item was shipped under the GSP. 

Remember the seller is NOT responsible for delivery past the GSPplant. It's all on the GSP.

Escalate to a claim.

If the GSP cannot prove delivery, they will refund you.

And they don't want the item when and if it is finally delivered. It's up to you to deal with that.

However, since you are in the Netherlands and the seller is in the UK, you may be better asking this question on the UK or DE boards since Canadians are more used to the American process.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I just realized I posted this to the Canadian ebay community, whoops.

Thank you, however, for the advice on how long to wait for the delivery before opening a dispute, and the steps to take when opening one.

Does the GSP really involve the seller shipping the item to KY, no matter where the item originates from and where it's destination is?

I forgot to mention when I contacted Ebay Customer Service, the person answering also agreed that it's weird that no tracking updates have been found for the item, only that the shipping details have been uploaded and nothing else. So in that regard, I am convinced that the GSP is responsible for this.

Anywho, for now I've decided to wait a few days, and will probably open a dispute somewhere next week if nothing comes in.

Many thanks.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Does the GSP really involve the seller shipping the item to KY, no matter where the item originates from and where it's destination is?

No.

Only US sellers ship to the Kentucky plant.

UK sellers have a central point in the UK, but I have no idea where.

afantiques is a UK seller and has actually visited the plant.

From the plant(s) the parcels are shipped worldwide.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply