Global Shipping Program problem

reffy
Community Member

When an item I bought and paid for on April 16 did not arrive by the estimated delivery date (May 3), I emailed the seller, who said she had sent it to the Global Shipping Program (which I think is an unnecessary, pointless affair dreamed up by some guy to make money by making things more complicated) and then I could see that the "shipped" icon was indeed filled in. However, I have received zero information from the GSP regarding my item, except that somewhere along the line, a delivery date of May 30 popped up. That would make it six weeks from California to Ontario, Canada - items from Ukraine and Russia are delivered in less time! (Perhaps because there is no GSP there to gum up the works.)

The procedures that Ebay offers customers regarding items not received do not provide any way to contact the GSP directly, altho' that is where the problem lay. It took two hours of being shunted from useless page to useless page in the procedure before it even coughed up a phone # to call, and another half hour explaining what my problem was. Alice in Wonderland had it easier!

Does anyone know of a way to get through to the GSP directly?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It's been 30 days since your purchase, so don't bother with tracking.

Just go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.

If PB/GSP can't prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) then you will be refunded in full.

The first step is to contact the seller, but once the parcel is confirmed to have arrived at the GSP plant in Erlanger KY, her responsibility is over.

Let her know about the problem on general principles. Politely.

Another poster gave this information about Tracking GSP shipments.

TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you for this advice.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply