How can I find an order?

Greetings,

I received a delivery notification from Canada Post saying "A package from PITNEY BOWES ECOMMERCE (CANADA) is available for pick up". The order confirmation number is LPKEN000000234145515. Is it possible that this package is from eBay?

Canada Post can't find the item, so I don't know what it might have been.

Thanks,

Shane.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

How can I find an order?

Did you order anything from eBay?

From a US seller who uses the Global Shipping Program?

I received a delivery notification from Canada Post

The easiest way to find out the answer is to go to the address (your local postal outlet) and hand them the delivery notice.

EASY.png

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

I didn't order anything from eBay.

I handed Canada Post the delivery notice, but (as I already mentioned), they can't find the package.

Shane.
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

Canada Post Delivery notices (by email) with an embedded link to click that lead to a package that doesn't exist are a re-occuring phishing scam. Please say you didn't click any embedded links in your message. Are you certain it was a 'delivery' notice and not one merely confirming 'shipping details'? That doesn't appear to be a valid tracking number but it might be a paypal order transaction number for a purchase. 

Notwithstanding that possibility, is it likely someone is sending you a gift? Like, was it a card you got in your mailbox? Maybe ask your neighbours if they are missing an expected order. 

Did someone else from your household order anything online? Do you leave your devices logged in? 

Do you have a common name that is likely to have 234 similar email addresses associated with it? 

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

@cshanegoodman wrote:

I received a delivery notification from Canada Post saying "A package from PITNEY BOWES ECOMMERCE (CANADA) is available for pick up". The order confirmation number is LPKEN000000234145515. Is it possible that this package is from eBay?

Canada Post can't find the item, so I don't know what it might have been.

Did the notice specify which P.O. location to pick up at?

And when it would be available for pickup?

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

it specified the Banff, Alberta location, and it would be held for 10 days.
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

The email didn't contain any embedded links The Canada Post tracking number is valid:

Since Canada Post can't find the package, they marked it as "Delivered", but it is NOT actually delivered. What's very strange is that the package was sent to my Canada Post FlexDelivery address, which I've never given out.

Shane.
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

Considering now the additional information that you supplied, I'll tell you this: there is no mystery. 

The item is Delivered, not missing. It has been received by its rightful owner. Probably another Flex Delivery user at the same location as you use. 

Staff at that postal counter probably supplied incorrect information to CPC that led to the Notice being sent to you in error. 

That's the most logical explanation that comes to my mind. Canada Post didn't suggest that possibility to you? It makes them look a bit careless but not so shady as having completely misplaced a parcel that you didn't even order. 

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

It's not delivered. The person at the counter said that Canada Post doesn't have a code for "lost", so he marked it as "Delivered". I haven't received it.

Also, it wasn't a notice card. It was an email I received.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

You are going to have to call Canada Post Corporation's 1-800-number for better answers. Postal counter staff cannot mark something 'delivered' if it's 'lost' because that would be outright fraud.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

I didn't know that. I'll call them.

Does the order number (LPKEN000000234145515) look like it could be from ebay? Is it consistent with other order numbers?
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

I don't think so. At the time I thought it looked like a PayPal transaction ID but now, with this information, I'd suggest it's a courier tracking number associated with the USA-leg of that parcel's journey to the Global Shipping Centre.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

Thanks everyone. I'll call Canada Post.
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

On second thought, it might be the shipper's order confirmation for having purchased postage for the label as opposed to my theory about it being a GSP parcel. Where did you get that number provided? Emails from Canada Post don't cite order numbers on mine being bought or sent or received.
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

Its the "Order Confirmation Number" in the Canada Post email. The only two other numbers in the email are the Tracking Number and the Delivery Notice Number (both used by Canada Post).
Message 15 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

Or it could be the seller's internal reference number for their Sales Record for that order? I'm not certain what a Guest Order confirmation looks like but an order number for an order you didn't place is something of a potential red herring. Please report back if you can with what you learn at Canada Post; it will assist eBay Community users in future. Best of luck to you.
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

Will do.

Thanks again.
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

You're welcome. Something about all this definitely is not right, and someone may be waiting for an item that's potentially gone AWOL for reasons unknown and it's going to cause the buyer/receiver and seller/sender in this situation some grief. At the very least, it's exposed a problem area within the Flex Delivery program and illuminated that postal counter workers need better training. It's incomprehensible that a worker would consider marking an item they cannot locate -- one potentially being returned to sender or missing -- as delivered because they don't know the process to open a ticket or call CPC's 1-800-number themselves.

Out of curiosity, that tracking number gives you a pickup barcode which says all you need to do to receive it is show you're from the correct address but if the correct address is a joint one used by all Flex Delivery users at that location, how do staff ensure they're giving the right parcels to the right people? Doesn't your name need to match something? I've never used Flex Delivery since I'm always at home.
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

The FlexDelivery address is unique to me. I've never given it out, yet the shipper has it.
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

How can I find an order?

Then there must be a series of errors leading to this place in the road.
Message 20 of 20
latest reply