Is there a way to opt out of the Global Shipping Program at checkout?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No.

The option is for the protection of sellers, and buyers do not have the option to change that.

Here's the long answer:

The ways to avoid the GSP include:

• Watch for this note : Customs services and international tracking provided. If you see it, do not bid.
  • Do not bid using a mobile device. The GSP note does not show on mobiles.
  • Do not Search using Gallery View. The GSP note does not show on Gallery View.

If you absolutely must have the item, BEFORE BIDDING contact the seller and ask if she will set up a private listing for you using USPS First Class International package shipping. Let her know that if she buys this service online, she will have Confirmation of Delivery. It is that confirmation that most sellers really want.

However, before you do that, check the price of the service on usps.com  (http://ircalc.usps.com/ExtraServices.aspx?country=10054&m=6&p=1&o=0&dpb=0&mdt=2015%2f04%2f04+08%3a00...

Many US sellers are too nervous of foreign sales to agree. Which is why the GSP was set up in the first place.

Be aware that if the item you purchase is over $20 CDN (about $15USD) Canadian tax and duty are applicable, plus the Canada Post service charge of $10. These are the import fees that are covered by the GSP. --although if the item is under around $100 CDN, it will probably be ignored by CBSA.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I can understand why purchasers want to opt out of this service!! The fees are entirely beyond a reasonable amount! Many items i was interested in purchasing I decided to not even bother purchasing or even bidding on because in most cases the GSP fees were more than double to triple the price of a small light weight inexpensive item. I am now looking for these items using Google and purchasing elsewhere. These fees make me use eBay less!
Message 3 of 4
latest reply