NEED HELP- NEED TO SHIP ITEM FROM US TO CANADA WHAT IS THE CHEAPEST SERVICE. WEIGHS 3.15 KG

iHAVE A RETURN SHIPMENT FROM STATES TO CANADA AND NEED TO FIND A SHIPPING SERVICE THATS STILL AFFORDABLE- FEDEX AND USPS ARE WAY TOO MUCH WHAT ELSE IS THERE? PLEASE HELP

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

NEED HELP- NEED TO SHIP ITEM FROM US TO CANADA WHAT IS THE CHEAPEST SERVICE. WEIGHS 3.15 KG

Can you ask the person to ship by USPS? You can estimate how much it will cost. http://postcalc.usps.com/

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

USPS is cheapest.

And the buyer should mark the package "Goods RETURNED to merchant".

Other wise you will be charged duty and sales tax and a service charge by Canada Post when you get the package back.

I would be cautious of sending money to the buyer for return shipping. Give him the information of the cost of USPS First Class International shipping -- oh shoot that only goes to four pounds, less than two kilos--

It will help your buyer's confidence in you if you can give her the service and cost, because there is no way to send her a shipping label as eBay is telling her you will.

You can't.

EBay is wrong.

But of course you are going to do the right thing and refund on return and further refund her return shipping cost.

Hmm.

If this item is damaged, would you accept a photograph of the damage as proof of its unsuitability?

That may be the save for both of you.

And don't post in ALL CAPS. It is considered to be shouting and very rude.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

thank you for the input. just got a cheaper rate from fedex just cant figure this one out. your. thanks for the tip in regards to customs. Oh and you are so right about Ebay no one seems to know what they are doing. different answer from every rep but always insisting that return label is possible. I had never ever had this problem before. reason of return is not as described, all around measurements 1/2" smaller this is a collectable item made by Sandicast in US. my measurements and manufacturer's in sinc. Ebay asked customer to supply proof but never received any and still decided in favour of customer. I just wonder where is that so called "sellers protection" Ebay.com and .ca for sure not on same page and it looks like there aren't any department heads either. very disappointed in Ebay and just want to get this over with. thanks again
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

to mint-mint .thanks for your time and your suggestion. this purchaser was very uncooperative and rude. wanted to keep the item and get full refund, and I had no support from Ebay. I finally got an account with UPS .ca and was able to issue a return shipping label. The item is in transit now, but I do thread to think what condition its in. Buyer claimed item was 1/2" smaller then listed, and the case was decided in favour of the buyer but I had not been given any proof whatsoever . I was told I can appeal when the item gets back and I can prove the buyer to be wrong. I am very anxious of the outcome. Is there a sellers protection?
Message 5 of 5
latest reply