Problem with shipping

I recently had 3 transactions with the same buyer, we both live in canada, the first transaction went smoothly and the item arrived with no problems. However, the second and third items were a bit unusual. The second item sold on thursday, november 19 and the third sold on friday, november 20. I shipped both items on the same day they were bought, as a matter of fact, I shipped the second item before the mail pick up time but the third item was shipped after the mail pick up time at the post office. The buyer left positive feedback today after receiving the third item shipped on friday, but still hasn't received the second item which was shipped a day before that. The tracking for the second item has shown the same status since friday november 20 and hasn't changed, strange thing that the third item barely took 1 business day for it to arrive but the second item which was shipped a day before that hasn't arrived and the tracking isn't updating, I am paranoid about the second item being lost, which was much more expensive than the third, would anyone think that the item has been lost? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Problem with shipping

You sold three items.

Item one was shipped and recieved.

Item two was shipped on November 19 and has not been received.

Item three was shipped on November 20 and has been received.

Today is November 23.

First of all, do NOT contact the buyer.

It is not unusual for items shipped at different times to take different lengths of time to arrive.

The whole purpose of tracking is to allow a SELLER to prove that an item has been DELIVERED. There is lots of time before your customer can open an Item Not Received Dispute.

The information you received is the last place the item was RECORDED, not the last place it was or its current location.

Chill.

The postal system is very very good at getting mail to its destination.

Personally, I allow 20 days for delivery from shippers in North America.

It's fine. Don't worry.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Problem with shipping

You sold three items.

Item one was shipped and recieved.

Item two was shipped on November 19 and has not been received.

Item three was shipped on November 20 and has been received.

Today is November 23.

First of all, do NOT contact the buyer.

It is not unusual for items shipped at different times to take different lengths of time to arrive.

The whole purpose of tracking is to allow a SELLER to prove that an item has been DELIVERED. There is lots of time before your customer can open an Item Not Received Dispute.

The information you received is the last place the item was RECORDED, not the last place it was or its current location.

Chill.

The postal system is very very good at getting mail to its destination.

Personally, I allow 20 days for delivery from shippers in North America.

It's fine. Don't worry.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Problem with shipping

You are given a guaranteed delivery date with Expedited Parcel within Canada. If your item isn't delivered by that time, you can (a) initiate a trace and (b) claim your postage back. With tracking, you're covered. It is the untracked items you need to be worried about. 

Canada Post amps up their efforts at this time of the year so that there's no backlog going into the busiest part of the year. That explains the reason one arrived sooner than expected. The second is probably in a glut with others. I'm assuming your actual delivery guaranteed date is later this week. Don't sweat it until after that date has passed and when it does, start a trace to flush it out. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply