Registered letter still not here

I have two letters with items I purchased through Ebay and they sent them registered with tracking.  I have the tracking numbers and have attempted to find out what is happening to them and all it says it has been sent to Canada on September 5, 2017 and nothing else, I have tried Canada Post Tracking and all it says the tracking numbers are not in their system.  Both these registered letters came from Israel and it has now been over 18 days since they were sent to Canada and there has been no further updates what do I do?

View Entire Topic

It's been 13 business days (18 calendar days) since the seller sent it from Israel.

I'd allow 20 business days from the Middle East.

One reason Registered Mail went out of fashion is that it was slower than most services, since the item must be recorded at every stop.

If it was sent Air Mail, it should be in Canada soon, depending on the efficiency of the Israeli post office.

But once in Canada, it will not longer be tracked.

The seller cheaped out. EMS which is tracked internationally is three times the price of International Registered.

https://www.israelpost.co.il/npostcalc.nsf/Calculator2NOHE?OpenForm&mo=2&L=EN&menu=12&hidec=5

But that's the seller's problem.

If the purchase does not arrive by the last estimated delivery date, open an Item Not Received dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

But it probably will.

PS Were the items philatelic? I find a lot of philatelists slow to accept newer shipping services -- particularly the ones that use printed labels instead of stamps.

Ask a Question