Shipping delay from china unacceptable.

Shipping delay from china unacceptable. period. I do not care about the causes, all the explanations, blablabla and so on. If you cannot deliver it, do not sell it, it's as simple as that. Both sellers and eBay have to respect us as customers, a good service is not an option or a favor, it's what any customer deserve, and this is not at all what we have. I'm just fed up with appologies from sellers, refunds, re-orders, and so on. I do not have to take all this mess.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Then STOP buying from China.

Your problem is solved.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

It is not necessarily the fault of the Chinese sellers from whom you've bought. You can thank drug smugglers. Google the search terms 'China mail fentanyl' for news coverage which provides an explanation of mail delays caused by Customs inspections for the toxic drugs killing everyone who thinks they're even smoking pot from a street source in Canada. Or search for threads here, it's a frequent topic for discussion within the last six months. 

Alternatively, if you are addicted to cheap goods form China so much so that buying domestically is not an option for you, ask and pay your Chinese sellers for a service with tracking. Those delays don't affect Tracked Packets, only the untraced lettermail form what I can tell. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

grn954
Community Member

I agree the that not only is shipping over 60 days a problem in realty about 75% of my orders  never arrived.  I agree the root cause of this is not the fault of Ebay however, I do believe that Ebay should take action to investigate and inform their customers about  these shipping issues.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Ordered 2 t-shirts from different sellers. I'm over 80 days now and no delivery. Also no tracking number although one seller actually insists that he checked and it arrived at my post office! Go figure - he must be more omniscient than the rest of us. Maybe he could pick lottery numbers for me.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Also agree that easiest solution is to stop buying from China or using Ebay since neither Ebay nor PayPal will stand up for customers.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Paypal will allow you to open Item Not Received cases until Day 180 after purchase.

If you don't have your item, open a case. Don't accept an offer to replace. Often, that does not end well. Take your refund and buy another.

If you got something not as described five months after ordering it, and you want your money back, that's a little more complicated. Paypal requires you to send it back with tracking in order to get your refund. With cheap items from China, it's often not worth the price of postage to return it for a refund. I don't think I would be out-of-line to suggest at least some Chinese sellers are aware of that. It's a bit of a loophole.

Otherwise, the buyer protection offered by ebay and paypal combined is very strong. Unless you've been exploited because you don't fully know the rules to it.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I agree the that not only is shipping over 60 days a problem in realty about 75% of my orders  never arrived. 

You have 30 days after the last estimated date given you by eBay to open an Item Not Received dispute with eBay.
If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.
More to the point, the seller will get a Defect on his selling account.
Enough of those and eBay will remove his selling privileges.

If you miss that date, and it can be more than 60 days from purchase, go to your Paypal account and open the Dispute there.
You have 180 days from payment to open a PP dispute.
If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I have bought many items from china most work & some items does not. i have noticed this year almost every thing I have bought i have not received. It is strange that air freight on something really cheap i get in 2 weeks, while economy shipping I do not receive. Last year I never had a problem receiving an item this year I have a problem. i think Canada post is not doing their far share.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

It has almost nothing to do with Canada Post. There are delays due to Customs officers now needing to search all lettermail from China due to fentanyl drug smuggling. Goggle it: Chinese mail fentanyl.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

sstoilov
Community Member

Yes, but unfortunately the problem is not with the China's sellers. I thought initially the same way as many other here, that either seller dont actually send the goods, or somebody from China steal them, but recently find the way to track where the problem is and it appears it is in Canadian Border Customs agency where the items stuck for 40ty - 60 days even some time going more 😞
My guess is that story start since those Big Brother stories with C-51 or whatever was the name of the so called antitherorism bill. I tryied to compalin to Canada Post and their ombudsman without success so far, so now i'm in process searching for some Civil Liberties Lawyer or association, because this story with delays become terrible and BTW is not only with Ebay, butt all the eshops - Aliexpress, DX etc 😞

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

It's not a 'problem' with Canada Customs. They're backlogged trying to stop people from importing illegal drugs. This protects all Canadians and the inconvenience of goods from China being delayed is superseded by the fact the government is doing their part to stop its people from being killed.

Read this: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/how-fentanyl-is-getting-through-canadas-border/article...
Message 12 of 12
latest reply