Shipping from Canada to USA with tracking number

s_i631-7
Community Member

I want to sell some banknotes in Ebay. Canada Post's shipping fee with tracking for inside Canada is at least $10.5 CAD which is acceptable for buyers. But to USA, it will cost at least $ 15-20 CAD which is way too expensive. 

Does anyone know any other cheaper shipping service in Canada? For me the tracking service is very important to ensure that the buyer receives the items. 

Thank you very much!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Shipping from Canada to USA with tracking number

No.

Canada Post is the most reliable and cheapest form of shipping available.

There are faster shippers, but they are more expensive.

Fun fact- most couriers (like FedEx and UPS) will hand off parcels to rural and isolated destinations to Canada Post. Which goes everywhere.

Don't make up your customer's mind for him.

Use Calculated Shipping which gives the shipping cost to the buyer's doorstep.

Whatever the service chosen, Calculated just looks more official. Smoke and mirrors.

OR

Use Flat Rate, but put part of the cost into the asking price for the item.

Which is cheapest

A $5 item with $10 shipping?

A $10 item with $5 shipping?

OR

Use Free Shipping. Don't panic.

Free Shipping is exactly like Flat Rate Shipping except that you put all of the shipping cost into the asking price.

For your notes, you could add $10CDN to the asking price with Free Shipping to Canada, then have a rate $5CDN for your US customers.

Or you could add $15CDN to your asking price and offer Free Shipping domestically and $0.00 shipping to the USA.

However

I would encourage you to do some buying here before offering high value/high fraud material here. You will be a target for scammers.

Also as a new seller your customers' cleared payments will be Held against your service for 21 days, but you have to ship within 7 days of the payment clearing.

(PP gives you a 5%to 17% discount on some services-- mostly tracked ones!-- when you buy a shipping label through them.)

BTW-- if your customer is shopping on dotCOM, he will see your prices, including shipping costs, in his own currency. So that $15 CDN becomes $11USD on his browser.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply