how do I know what things are not to be shipped in certain areas?

Wouldn't it be better if the BUYER would be responsible because they should know their country's policy restrictions? To try to figure out each countries restricted items would be too time consuming. Better to just be aware of your own restrictions- and buyer's who knowingly purchase something "banned" in their country should be the one they go after. Or better yet, the buyer should NOT purchase that item/items.

Hope this makes sense!Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

That is, in fact, the case.

EBay supplied this boilerplate at one time, which I still attach to my listings.

Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.

This doesn't cover illegal imports directly, of course.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for responding- I have in fact, added this in my listings...
I am talking more about items not allowed, restricted in a country. It would be hard for a Seller to know what things are not to be shipped to certain places. You would have to know a lot about a LOT of places. For example I often sell handmade leis- they are made with different things, much is natural. Now I am not sure where I stand, selling items made of kukui nuts (which have been cleaned, polished and drilled before I even get them- from another vender on another Hawaiian Island. To me they are like natural beads- BUT could they be an item restricted somewhere else? Or an item like Sea Beans- which also are something natural, cleaned and drilled before I get them as well. To me personally, they are just beads used to make items. Would I need a permit to sell something like this? I am confused. What about shells?
What I am trying to say is, it would be easier for an individual who lives where such items are prohibited just not to order- harder for me to try to figure everyone's restrictions. What if you sell something unknowingly that another isn't "allowed"...

I guess I am just too "tired" to do all of this background stuff- especially since I went through chemo and radiation treatments for cancer- my energy level has declined quite a bit. I have already had limitations health-wise before dealing with Breast Cancer. My brain is frazzled as it is. Don't even know if that is a word... Hahaha.
Think I'll just continue selling what I sell, until I know it's taboo.
I buy a lot internationally- and I wish they didn't have so many problems with added fees, etc...
I wouldn't mind having them as customers- but maybe it is too much for them.

I should be sleeping- I am getting more confused as I am tired! Smiley Frustrated
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
import duties, taxes and charges have nothing to do with type of imported item/import restrictions....dahhhhh
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I guess this comment has been misunderstood.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I think johnnycake999 understands what I mean- so what do you think the solution would be? Or is it up to us as Sellers to know what is banned in every country???
Message 6 of 6
latest reply