USPS service international to canada

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello   recently made a purchase and was sent a tracking number that begins with the letters UA  anyone know what USPS service this is...coming from Dunbury to Montreal...Thanks

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Have you checked the number on the USPS website?

From what I see: USPS uses EA, EC, CP, not aware of them using UA

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The most common two letter codes are LH, LZ and LN which signifies USPS First Class Mail International.

IH signifies USPS Priority Mail International.

Look at your original listing and see what the seller lists as a shipping service.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have checked website and the last entry is that it was processed through new yiork...on the Canada post website it states it left JFK and on its way to destination that was yesterday 7.42am nothing since..I know from previous purchases that usually I would have an entry later that day it had arrived in Canada...
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add I have checked the shipping I paid for and it stares first class international...I am starting to wonder if in fact this was sent registered as I also know from experience will not be trsacked once it leaves USA or when it arrives here in Canada and that I could be a month before I receive this item If in fact that is the case I will not be a very happy amper..
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wonderng if this is registered mail...has all the characteristics since it left US no entry it has even arrived here in Canada left jJFK airport yesterday morning 7 am I know from previous first class goes quite smoothly and registered is not tracked after it leaves US.The auction clearly states first class international....Hmmm
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

On the ebay dot com boards there is a post dated 1-22-2017 about UA numbers by a Seller .... the seller printed off a bunch of first class international postage labels and commented how they all started with UA instead of the normal LJ and they were questioning it ... so maybe UA is for first class mail "now" ....

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

What happens when you plug the number into the USPS tracking site.?

More to the point, eBay gives you an estimated window for arrival. If your purchase does not arrive be the last probable date, you can open an eBay Dispute for non-arrival

The tracking number is the seller's protection, If it shows that the shipment has arrived, then the buyer loses the dispute.

if it does not, the buyer gets his payment refunded.

Tracking doesn't move your parcel faster, or get it treated more gently.

And it usually isn't even tracking, only Confirmation of Delivery, which is noted after you have the parcel.

If the carrier arrives when you are not at home, you will get a Notice telling you where and when you can pick up the parcel.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

What service did you pay for in the listing? It should say under Shipping. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to update it would seem USPS is using UA to indicate first class. international..my item did I arrive in Canada USPS indicates on their portion of tracking as first class international but on the Canada post website it is showing as just lettermail Thanks to everyone who chimed in..
Message 10 of 10
latest reply