boxes

Does the container being sent IE: cardboard boxes have to be new from a post office or can they be used but in good condition?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

boxes

Used is fine.

If you do want to use new boxes, and remember if you are gleaning used ones they are still costing you time if not money, don't buy them at the Post Office.

Those boxes are priced as 'convenience' items for occasional shippers who need it now no matter the price.

ULine is an online source we've used. Staples also sells boxes both in their stores and online.

Both also carry specialty products for shipping CDs, DVDs, photographs.

There is an interesting product called B-flute which is a 'make your own box'  item. I like the kind with gum.

And if what you are selling is flat and needs 'stiffeners' rather than a box, look out for a corrugated plastic board called 'corplast'.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

boxes

If you opt to use a 'used' box make certain it is still structurally sound. And suitable to hold what needs to be sent. You might be surprised how many ebay items land on doorsteps wrecked in transit because the sellers used an inappropriate shipping container. 

When I started to sell, I bought a pile of boxes as soon as I found a source for boxes. I had first tried sourcing boxes from around the house and it drove me mad. I'd spend an hour looking for the right box each time an order was placed. Unless you work in a food store or retail setting where you have your pick of used cardboard boxes in excellent condition, buy some from uline or Staples. Ebay also sells boxes. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply