help with tracking

ogilvtyle
Community Member

so i'd like to track my order but i didn't use my eBay account when i purchased how can i get my order onto my eBay account?

View Entire Topic

Most people pay with Paypal, you should be able to find your order there.

But especially with low value items, many sellers don't use tracking, since it is only of value to the seller (not to the buyer) if there a problem with delivery.

So there may not be any tracking -- and that is NOT a problem.

If the seller uses the Global Shipping Program, the tracking will show delivery to the processing plant in Kentucky and then you might see an completely different number by the time it has been delivered. -- and that is NOT a problem.

Basically, if your item is coming from Canada or the USA mark Day 20* after cleared payment on your calendar. If the item hasn't shown up by then, start an Item Not Delivered Dispute.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (the only real use for the expense of tracking) then he will be required to refund you. If he doesn't do so promptly, Paypal will refund you and go after him for their money. This will be very unpleasant for him.

*If you ordered from Asia, mark Day 30, and do NOT accept an offer of a replacement. Money is what you want back.

Ask a Question