not receiving anything from china

I have not received my last 5 orders from China. Is there a problem with Chinese mail or is it that lot of Sellers are not shipping. I have to claim a refund every time. Now I am not sure I want to continu buying from them,  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes and yes.

Is there a problem with Chinese mail

Most Chinese sellers are honest.

But when they sell cheap items with low or free shipping they will use the cheapest shipping service they can.

That's Surface, which can take two or three months, and untracked because international tracking is expensive.

And then there are the fentanyl and UPU holdups once in Canada. Google those.

is it that lot of Sellers are not shipping.

Some sellers are not honest.

They toss up a picture and a description at a too good to be true price and guess what? It is too good to be true.

Nothing is sent.

Some buyers forget the low value purchase.

Some don't know how to Dispute, and leave negative feedback instead.

Some just refund the few buyers who complain or Dispute.

I have to claim a refund every time.

If the honest seller's item arrives, late but otherwise okay , you can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

For the scammer, the eBay Resolution Centre is open for Disputes for 30 days after the last estimated date eBay gave for delivery.

Now I am not sure I want to continu buying from them,  

You get what you pay for.
If time is important, pay more for Air Mail shipping or buy from North America.
If money is important, you will have to wait for delivery, but read the feedback first.
Feedback of 98% is not very good. If it's 97% you have met a terrible seller.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yes and yes.

Is there a problem with Chinese mail

Most Chinese sellers are honest.

But when they sell cheap items with low or free shipping they will use the cheapest shipping service they can.

That's Surface, which can take two or three months, and untracked because international tracking is expensive.

And then there are the fentanyl and UPU holdups once in Canada. Google those.

is it that lot of Sellers are not shipping.

Some sellers are not honest.

They toss up a picture and a description at a too good to be true price and guess what? It is too good to be true.

Nothing is sent.

Some buyers forget the low value purchase.

Some don't know how to Dispute, and leave negative feedback instead.

Some just refund the few buyers who complain or Dispute.

I have to claim a refund every time.

If the honest seller's item arrives, late but otherwise okay , you can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

For the scammer, the eBay Resolution Centre is open for Disputes for 30 days after the last estimated date eBay gave for delivery.

Now I am not sure I want to continu buying from them,  

You get what you pay for.
If time is important, pay more for Air Mail shipping or buy from North America.
If money is important, you will have to wait for delivery, but read the feedback first.
Feedback of 98% is not very good. If it's 97% you have met a terrible seller.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Just had a package arrive March 13th from China that was ordered on Nov 20th, almost 4 months (16 weeks). It has a post stamp of Nov 24th and was tracked into Canada in Early December. I'm putting this onto Canada customs being unacceptably backed up, and was able to repay for this after being refunded months ago.

Ebay please put some pressure toward Canada customs, maybe use the term "protectionism" and threaten to go to the media, unfortunately that's what it takes these days. Also if you could extend the time period allowed for claims it would be helpful.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

<<I'm putting this onto Canada customs being unacceptably backed up, and was able to repay for this after being refunded months ago.>>

Thank you for paying your seller.
It baffles a lot of buyers, who were refunded for a late shipment. But as you probably already know, refunds can be repaid through the Paypal Send Money service.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The 'backup' is actually deliberate and a tactic by First World members of the Universal Postal Union who are sick and tired of paying to deliver underpriced packages from China. They are willing to give Third World/developing countries a break, but China is no longer in that category.
It's a sort of embargo. Surface untracked (cheap postage) packages are delivered at leisure. Air Mail and tracked receive 'normal' treatment.
And negotiations in Geneva continue.
If you want to get your packages quickly, enquire if the seller will use an Air Mail tracked service which you are willing to pay for.
Consider that should you return a parcel to China you would be paying Canada Post $40 or so for the service.
Time is money.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Looks like the problems about fentanyl drugs coming from china are the responsible for the overcharge of the canada mail system, now most of all packages coming from there must be inspected (and possibly considered lost), there also sellers offering a estimated delivery near to 60 days expiration to claim a refund without send anything and making excuses until the refund expiration date (offering to "resend" the product or asking to be patient...).

Just one of my 5 products ordered since Jan/2017 (4 months) has arrived, the others cannot be refunded anymore and I have no more hope to receiving them.

Buying from china worked good for me on the past but now maybe it's time to give a break...
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

"The others cannot be refunded anymore and I have no more hope to receiving them."

Open your Item Not Received case via Paypal. It offers protection up to 180 days (six months) from date of purchase. You'll get your money back. Don't accept an offer of sending a replacement. That is not likely to end well in this case.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the advice, maybe I should try this, the ebay moneyback system It's disappointing.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply