Shipping from China to Canada

This is now April 13 and I have 2 outstanding orders from Jan and 7 from Feb.  All from China from different suppliers.  Come on, they couldn't have all got lost in the mail.  Something is wrong here.  I have been ordering from China for a while and it has always been slow, but nothing like this.  I have placed more orders since then so who knows when they will arrive, if they do.  I don't want to order from the States because the shipping charges are ridiculous.  Who is going to pay $30.00 shipping for a $5.00 item. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that if I make any further purchases from e-bay, the items will be cheap, so not much of a loss if I don't receive them and I won't be in a hurry for them.  I use to order more expensive items, but I stopped doing that quite a while ago. E-bay should extend the resolution period to accommodate this problem.  A person can't even leave feedback, so no one sees the problem. I normally don't put in claims for items not received because I understand e-bay will cut you off if you put in too many, so I just eat the loss.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Please read the post highlighted in green that I have linked below. It explains why shipping from China is slow, especially in recent months.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Packaging-Shipping/Reading-China-Postage-Date-Stamp/qaq-p/369522

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Don't eat the loss. You bought something, you deserved to get it.

Instead: Go to paypal. Open an Item Not Received case there. Their Buyer Protection extends to 180 days (six months) from payment. Don't accept an offer to replace. In this context, it won't solve your problem. 

As to the cause of the delay, I have replied literally 50 times to buyers like you with this exact same problem. Read the link provided by the other Answer. The problem is well-established. Until this is Customs Inspection situation is rectified, you may want to choose sellers in North America. I do. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Illegal DRUG shipments I want to THANK our CANADIAN CUSTOMS OFFICERS for making CANADIANS safe.  Go ahead and take as long as you need to accomplish that fact.  Maybe Canadians should stop ordering from CHINA for awhile maybe they would get the hint we don't want their illegal drugs killing our people.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hear hear. My sentiments exactly. Thank you for sharing.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply