Shipping method from seller located at montreal, canada

gmaximum10
Community Member

Hi everyone.

What is the most effective shipping method for seller located at Montreal, canada.

I am a new ebay seller. I am embarassed to list my product, because i can t determine a shipping method for my listings. I understand that in the US, ebay has a partnership with USPS wich is a very easy and economical method for sellers located in the US. 

I want to sell used books. If  i ship them by the regular postage companies it will be to expensive. So there is some thing I didn tknow yet. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As a long time bookseller, I can tell you that the cheapest and most efficient shipping is via Canada Post.

In fact, as a new seller, although your customers' payments will be Held by Paypal against your good customer service for 21 days, you will be able to print shipping labels through Paypal, and even get substantial discounts, from your customers' payments, even before the rest of the payment is released.

But.

Those 5% to 18% discounts are not available on LetterPost and Lightpacket shipping. So if you are selling thin (less than 2cm) and light (less than 500 gm) books, you may find it cheaper to buy discount postage from a stamp dealer.

And yes, it will cost you $12 to ship a paperback to Alberta. That's still the cheapest shipping around.

For items that can be shipped LP, use Fixed Price Shipping on the Sell Your Item Form

For heavier or thicker items, use Calculated Shipping.

Buy a scale.

Use a tape measure.

Use metric measurements. Canada Post went metric in 1974 and everything else will be inaccurate.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

As a long time bookseller, I can tell you that the cheapest and most efficient shipping is via Canada Post.

In fact, as a new seller, although your customers' payments will be Held by Paypal against your good customer service for 21 days, you will be able to print shipping labels through Paypal, and even get substantial discounts, from your customers' payments, even before the rest of the payment is released.

But.

Those 5% to 18% discounts are not available on LetterPost and Lightpacket shipping. So if you are selling thin (less than 2cm) and light (less than 500 gm) books, you may find it cheaper to buy discount postage from a stamp dealer.

And yes, it will cost you $12 to ship a paperback to Alberta. That's still the cheapest shipping around.

For items that can be shipped LP, use Fixed Price Shipping on the Sell Your Item Form

For heavier or thicker items, use Calculated Shipping.

Buy a scale.

Use a tape measure.

Use metric measurements. Canada Post went metric in 1974 and everything else will be inaccurate.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply