Shipping time from China and HK is killing now?

liding
Community Member

When I started using ebay 10 years ago, the shipping time from China to Toronto was about 2 weeks. A few years ago shipping time was increased to 3-4 weeks and later just over a month.

The last 6 Months is a just a disaster shipment time now is over 2 Months. I almost never had non shipped Item, but now I am getting furious. What is going on?

Today received  an item from South Korea for only 2 weeks. What is the difference for China?

I understand customs in Vancouver and lazy Canada post union workers but something is very wrong and I am afraid it's not a without reason. Right now I have 4-6 items non delivered for 1.5 Months.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

This is a common issue. If you can specify shipping type from China (like DHL etc) then you will get it very quickly, and with a tracking number you can follow the entire way. When the draw is free shipping and a cheaper product, it may not be worth it to pay extra for better shipping.

I recommend purchasing from within Canada (see image). If you buy in sets of 5 or more, the cost of shipping you are paying within Canada is negligible, and you will get better pricing per item when you buy in bulk lots. And, for individual items, it may be worth it to pay a little bit more to insure that you get the product. The better price may not be worth it if you do not receive the product. For example, I have lots of 4 and 5 items with prices that can almost rival internationally sourced products (ie.  approx. $1.60 to $3.00 each in lots of 4 and 5 with free shipping). This way you don't have to open disputes to get your money back. I imagine some Canadian sellers have shipping discounts when you purchase more than one item from the same store if you want different items.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

layton404
Community Member

1July2016 Canada Postal Services starting general strike ....Annual Canada Post deficit is 300 million
Orders from China are bankrupting Canada Postal Services , they do not see a dime from shipping included
items shipped from China but they need to pay mail man 24$ an hour to deliver package to your door.
Canada Post to face $1B loss by 2020 at current deficit rate.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply