Shipping time

I recently ordered an item from a seller using yanwen to ship from china to Canada. The last bit of information available is that it had left Beijing on dec 31. No information for the past 22 days, when I try to track it. I'm in Nova Scotia... wondering if anyone knows when I should be expecting my item??
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shipping time

by devadorrington-sible_0 on ‎01-22-2017 01:45 AM
It was around 30$ in total but the expected delivery date was the 20th-3rd I believe. I want to be sure I don't wait too long just in case I don't end up getting my item.

If it hasn't arrived by Feb 3rd, you have 30 days to open a Item Not Received dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

About 30 days is reasonable for delivery from Asia. Especially over the holiday period.

But since you are concerned, go to Paypal.
Their Resolution Centre is at the top of your account page under Tools.
You have 180 days (six months!) from payment for a PP dispute.

BTW, the first suggestion is to contact the seller.
Don't get into a discussion.
You want a useable tracking number (China Post/HongKong Post have English websites) or your money promptly refunded.
Lacking either of those, escalate to a claim.
If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Shipping time

@devadorrington-sible_0 wrote:
I recently ordered an item from a seller using yanwen to ship from china to Canada. The last bit of information available is that it had left Beijing on dec 31. No information for the past 22 days, when I try to track it. I'm in Nova Scotia... wondering if anyone knows when I should be expecting my item??

Cheap items from China can take 2 or 3 months to arrive.  Did you pay expensive shipping?  Like $50 or $60?  Sometimes on higher priced items they use a courier but most things just come by boat.  Don't worry about the tracking number.  If it was cheap shipping it will only ever tell you it has been mailed, so at least its on its way.  

On eBay you have 30 days after the LAST estimated delivery date to file a claim for Item Not Received.  On PayPal you have 180 days from when you PAID to file a claim, which is about 6 months.  

There are long delays with items coming from China lately due to the importation of deadly drugs from that country.  

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1180229&tp=1

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/carfentanil-exports-china-ap-investigation-1.3795415

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Shipping time

You have two choices if an item has not arrived.

You can wait until the last estimated date for arrival, then open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

As vivian says, if the item was cheap (under$10) the shipping service was probably the cheapest (and slowest) possible.

But if the seller cannot show eBay that the item has been delivered (not shipped , delivered) you will be refunded.

If the item was relatively valuable (over $25, in my opinion) then you can go to Paypal as soon as you get impatient and open an Item Not Received dispute there.

In neither case do you need to talk to a human being. In fact that would slow down your refund.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Shipping time

Ok, thanks. Was just making sure it's not an uncommon thing. Not an expensive item, just a highly anticipated one! Thanks though, that was helpful
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Shipping time

It was around 30$ in total but the expected delivery date was the 20th-3rd I believe. I want to be sure I don't wait too long just in case I don't end up getting my item.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Shipping time

by devadorrington-sible_0 on ‎01-22-2017 01:45 AM

If it hasn't arrived by Feb 3rd, you have 30 days to open a Item Not Received dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

About 30 days is reasonable for delivery from Asia. Especially over the holiday period.

But since you are concerned, go to Paypal.
Their Resolution Centre is at the top of your account page under Tools.
You have 180 days (six months!) from payment for a PP dispute.

BTW, the first suggestion is to contact the seller.
Don't get into a discussion.
You want a useable tracking number (China Post/HongKong Post have English websites) or your money promptly refunded.
Lacking either of those, escalate to a claim.
If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Shipping time

Thank you
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Shipping time

A few years ago I use to get 95% of my item within 6 weeks. Now I am getting about 60% delivered, the rest are refunded or arrive at about 120 days ( At which point I repay them). As many item have tracking from china that show it in Canada after a few weeks I feel it is happening mostly at our end. I believe that with the drug crisis they are screening all mail from China and its overwelming the system. Wait until after the delivery date; start a claim and hope it shows up.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply