Shipping to Italy. A buyer from Italy purchased something from me and item plus cost of shipping wa

A buyer from Italy purchased something from me a few days ago. Cost of shipping with no tracking + item was around $60.00 which is not so bad should it not arrive. But she now wants to purchase another item from me which would run into $135.00 or so with no tracking. I have only shipped to Italy a couple of times and had no problem.  If I remember correctly its not one of the safest country to ship to as items don't seem to reach buyers.

Can anyone let me know how I should proceed here. If I insist on tracking its $121.00. Without its $56.00 + cost of the two items that run around $85.00.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Shipping to Italy. A buyer from Italy purchased something from me and item plus cost of shipping wa

Tracking benefits you not the buyer.

Either she thinks the total is worthwhile or not.

What you didn't say is whether you are looking at AIR or surface shipping. Please tell us it is the former.

Shipping by surface means weeks even months in transit and buyers can now open Item Not Received claims for up to 180 days.

AIR MAIL. AIR MAIL. AIR MAIL.

Tracking is nice, but fast is better. If you get both, great.

I am told that the Italian customs and postal problems are now a thing of the past. I don't ship there often enough to say.

Time for some thrilling heroics.---Jayne Cobb

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

No, it would definitely be by Air. I have shipped by Surface before and one took 3 months and other one 4 months to reach destination in Australia. I will not ship that way anymore. Buyers were honest and repaid once they received their items.

Small Parcel Air on these two with no tracking is $56.00. With tracking Xpresspost its $121.00. A bit much. Buyer is also quite new but seems above board.

I don't mind so much when its around $50-60 dollars. This would add up at around $135.00. And if not received at the other end I have to reimburse the buyer.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply