Looking for Mailers with the dimensions 14 x 10.5, cardboard or poly

Hi All,

I am a seller based in Canada and would like to use Oversized Lettermail and Light Packet to ship my Vintage Ads. I ship them flat because mailing tubes are expensive to ship. I am having a huge problem finding Mailers that fit the dimensions of the ads (14" x 10.5"). These dimensions are also the maximum dimensions to ship using Lettermail and Light Packet so the mailer can't be bigger than that. Anyone else shipping ads from Canada and has a solution to this problem? Would love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Carol

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, Just found 10.5" x 15.5" mailers, think I can use these and just pull top down to meet 14" requirement. So problem solved. Still wouldn't mind hearing from other ad sellers as to their shipping methods and costs.

Thanks,

Carol
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Sounds like you're looking for a number 5 mailer (typically 10.5 by 15 inches in size).

You'll have to hunt around for a good price, check out ebay, Staples and Uline.

You'll also be bumping up against the maximums for oversize lettermail:

14.9 x 10.6 x 0.8 inches // 38 x 27 x 2 cm

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks Dennis, you are right number 5 would do but I went to a canada post outlet today and apparently their number 5 bubble mailer would not be accepted because the max dimensions are for the inside of the mailer and do not include the seams along the edges. I was blown away, I said to the girl, "This is a Canada Post mailer and the dimensions printed on it are 15" x 10 1/4". I can change the length of the mailer so that's not a problem but the width is under your max requirement for Oversized Lettermail, I can't believe you won't take that." She said no. So now the only way I can see to do this is to buy a number 5 mailer and tape the seams over so the width is exactly 10.5" and cut the top and fold over to make 14" and I'm considering re-trimming all my ads to 10 1/4" from 10 1/2". I'm going back to the POst Office tomorrow to try my taped mailer and see if they will take it.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply