Global Shipping Program.

djk1959
Community Member
Can I cancel my purchase after I find out through PayPal check out its through this BS middle man scam"Global Shipping Program"?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Global Shipping Program.

The amount you will pay through the Global Shipping Program is on the listing and can be seen BEFORE you bid.

If the item you are buying is under $100, it is wise to avoid the GSP. Contact the seller BEFORE bidding and ask if she will ship to you by USPS /Canada Post. Don't use vulgar language or be confrontational. That's a good way to end up on a Blocked Bidder List.

Apparently, if the value if the item is over $100, the Global Shipping Program is the least expensive method of shipping. Your seller of such an item will want Confirmation of Delivery which means a $25or  up USPS service and a $10 Canada Post service charge. 

The sales tax and the possible duty on any item valued over $20 is always due, although Canada Post is very lax about collecting it on low value or small packages. Still, expect to pay it and be pleased if you don't get charged. 

Couriers like UPS or PitneyBowes (which runs the GSP) always collect the appropriate tax and duty and remit them to the Canadian government. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Global Shipping Program.

Forgot.

You can ask your seller to cancel your purchase. She may send you a Mutual Cancellation. Agree to this immediately and leave positive feedback. "Thank you for your help." is appropriate. 

Or she may decide to open an Unpaid Item Dispute. This will give you a Strike which will make it harder to buy on eBay in future. You will not be allowed to leave feedback.

In either case, the seller is likely to add you to her Blocked Bidder List.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Global Shipping Program.

The amount you will pay through the Global Shipping Program is on the listing and can be seen BEFORE you bid.

If the item you are buying is under $100, it is wise to avoid the GSP. Contact the seller BEFORE bidding and ask if she will ship to you by USPS /Canada Post. Don't use vulgar language or be confrontational. That's a good way to end up on a Blocked Bidder List.

Apparently, if the value if the item is over $100, the Global Shipping Program is the least expensive method of shipping. Your seller of such an item will want Confirmation of Delivery which means a $25or  up USPS service and a $10 Canada Post service charge. 

The sales tax and the possible duty on any item valued over $20 is always due, although Canada Post is very lax about collecting it on low value or small packages. Still, expect to pay it and be pleased if you don't get charged. 

Couriers like UPS or PitneyBowes (which runs the GSP) always collect the appropriate tax and duty and remit them to the Canadian government. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Global Shipping Program.

Forgot.

You can ask your seller to cancel your purchase. She may send you a Mutual Cancellation. Agree to this immediately and leave positive feedback. "Thank you for your help." is appropriate. 

Or she may decide to open an Unpaid Item Dispute. This will give you a Strike which will make it harder to buy on eBay in future. You will not be allowed to leave feedback.

In either case, the seller is likely to add you to her Blocked Bidder List.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Global Shipping Program.

Thanks reallynicestamps,I will be paying closer attention to the fine print on my next purchases.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Global Shipping Program.

The only problem is that the couriers also charge a service fee and brokerage fee. That's OK if there is duty etc. applicable but they charge the same fees for items that are duty free under the Unified Shipping Code. That can be as much as $30. Nice shock when the item you bought cost 20 bucks.
Smile, it's good medicine and cheap too!
CW
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Global Shipping Program.

The global shipping program is far from the cheapest alternative for any sale. I've been buying from the USA for years and items shipped USPS rarely ever arrive with duties or taxes owing unless the value is over 100. Now, I just looked at an item I would like to buy, it's $149 an the estimated duties throgh eBay are $60.52 that's 40%. The duties and taxes should be 15% or $22.50. ... So where does the other $38 go ?. This is a total scam, I feel bad for the people who signed up for this program because I will never buy from them, same way I won't use UPS because of the high brokerage rates, about the same price as the GSP.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Global Shipping Program.

BS......Golbal is the worse thing Ebay has ever done. 9 times out of ten I can have a seller send something cheaper by first class or regular usps to Canada. Duty fees are N/A under $60. but I find my self paying $20 on a $5 comic because golbal shipping says there is a $12 fee for import charges. I have over 500 purchases on the books and maybe 200 oustside of ebay because ebay felt they should butt in and take even more profit from us. Boo, I cant wait for the time to be up so I can cancel my account.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Global Shipping Program.

Please post all questions about the GSP here: Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Please post all comments about the GSP here: Comments about the Global Shipping Program

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 8 of 8
latest reply