Tracking Shipments within Canada Compulsory???

Tracking Parcels in Canada.

I sold to a local bid winner a small item that can be shipped by letter mail (100 g). As I had send him the wrong item. I asked him to return it for exchange. Now he says in Canada only allowed Tracked parcel and wants advance money for a tracked parcel return. He wants me also to send the exchanged item as a tracked parcel but not willing to pay anything extra as he says only tracked items allowed by ebay canada for shipment within Canada. Please clarify this for me. Addy

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, he's wrong. 

Tracking is used by Paypal as a method of proving that the item has been delivered when there is a Dispute. 

Now. How to get out of this mess. 

Don't tell him he's wrong. It won't help. 

And of course you know that the original error was yours. 

Do you really need the item back? Is it expensive? I'm thinking not, or you would have used  a tracked service.

Offer to either replace or refund without a return. 

Ouch ouch ouch !

Yes. it goes against the grain, but the guy is not feeling that he can trust you and it will be expensive to go for all that  tracked parcel service. 

Cut your losses. 

Personally, I'd go for the refund and letting him keep the unsatisfactory item.  But since you actually have the right thing in hand, just send it to him. (With or without tracking).

Letter Post is under 500 grams and under 2cm. The replacement would fit in an ExpressPost envelope, which is tracked. and costs about $14.00. 

Is that worth a positive feedback and reasonable DSRs.?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Well, he's wrong. 

Tracking is used by Paypal as a method of proving that the item has been delivered when there is a Dispute. 

Now. How to get out of this mess. 

Don't tell him he's wrong. It won't help. 

And of course you know that the original error was yours. 

Do you really need the item back? Is it expensive? I'm thinking not, or you would have used  a tracked service.

Offer to either replace or refund without a return. 

Ouch ouch ouch !

Yes. it goes against the grain, but the guy is not feeling that he can trust you and it will be expensive to go for all that  tracked parcel service. 

Cut your losses. 

Personally, I'd go for the refund and letting him keep the unsatisfactory item.  But since you actually have the right thing in hand, just send it to him. (With or without tracking).

Letter Post is under 500 grams and under 2cm. The replacement would fit in an ExpressPost envelope, which is tracked. and costs about $14.00. 

Is that worth a positive feedback and reasonable DSRs.?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks. That's how I finally did it. A good advice. Was actually a woman who gave me a negative feedback nonetheless. There is always somebody that you cannot satisfy no matter what. She lives actually about 5 minutes by car away from me. Tried to arrange an exchange personally but she "has no time" but time to write lengthy letters to ebay who found me not at fault.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Appeal the neg. If eBay refuses, you're no worse off.

You could also add a Response.  Or just let it go.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks, ebay refunded the customer with their own money.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply