USPS First Class Mail International Tracking & Canada Post question

Many people say that when tracking with First Class Mail International, tracking updates will often not show up at all. I've heard of tons of people with stories about receiving an item without the tracking ever acknowledging that the package has so much as entered the destination country.

In the cases where something like this occurs, is it also normal for tracking not to show up on Canada Post's website when the item enters Canadian customs? I'm asking because I have an item that looks to have been stuck since mailed on Dec 4rth, and no updates since, not even on Canada Post. Is it possible the CP Tracking is simply not updating either?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You will likely get an update when it arrives at a US International airport with flights to Canada, then another when it leaves for Canada.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It's not tracking.

It's Confirmation of Delivery.

And it is basically irrelevant to the buyer.

It is an important protection for the seller against fake claims of non-delivery.

With Confirmation of Delivery, the parcel is noted when the PO gets it, probably is noted when it leaves the USA, may be noted when it passes customs, and is noted when the postie has delivered it. To you. So when Delivery is Confirmed, you already know it.

Tracking gives more information, but is also seller protection.

Your item was last noted on Dec 4th. But that is not where it is. It is where it was on Dec. 4th.

Most items take from 15 -20 days for arrival in Canada from the USA.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply