What is the info needed for RR# addresses?

Hello users!

I am still relatively new to selling on ebay and came across a rural address today that I am unsure I can send to successfully. They buyer has not responded so I thought I should head here.
I am sending by lettermail so there is no tracking so I need I be sure I have the address correct.
It is a rural location in canada. The address is:

First name, last name
RR#1
City, province
Postal Code

Is this an acceptable address?

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

glo333
Community Member

I have an RR# address and things will still get to me if a sender just uses my RR#.  However, I also have a civic address that names my house number and road I live on.  According to Canada Post, RR# addresses should also be adding their civic address in their address.  Hope that helps!

ie.

First name, last name

56 Concession Road 12

RR#1

City, Province

Postal Code

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

glo333
Community Member

I have an RR# address and things will still get to me if a sender just uses my RR#.  However, I also have a civic address that names my house number and road I live on.  According to Canada Post, RR# addresses should also be adding their civic address in their address.  Hope that helps!

ie.

First name, last name

56 Concession Road 12

RR#1

City, Province

Postal Code

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Go to Canada Post's website (canadapost.ca) and see if you can get a better address by backgrounding the postal code.

Or Canada 411 searching name municipality and postal code.

But on the whole, postal workers not only can read, but also know most of the names on their routes, so it is not a problem.

Are you worried enough to ship ExpressPost which will track the item, but cost you over $10 instead of 85ç?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply