What's the best way of shipping hockey or baseball cards to the U.S. ?

alpaak
Community Member

A buyer from Florida told me that the best way to ship 1 or 2 hockey/baseball cards to the U.S. is in a plain white envelope.  I'd sent him a couple of cards packed in a kraft bubble mailer. It took just over 2 weeks for the items to arrive.  Said that he receives items from Canada that are mailed in plain white envelopes in about a week. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I send old postcards to the U.S. which is comparable to sports cards

I always use Bubble Envelopes (Size 0) with double cardboard backings

have never heard of someone saying they will arrive faster using just plain envelopes

my delivery times for the last few years has been between 2 days to just over 2 weeks depending on where they are sent in the U.S.

Sending to specific locations these times have varied within that time frame

think it has more to do with customs clearance and sorting time then using a certain type of envelope

Personally I would never send my cards in a Plain Envelope  to much of a chance of them being damaged with the envelope being so flimsy

never had any damage using bubble envelopes

weavers 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I'm an occasional seller of postcards and photographs as well as collectible postage stamps.

I NEVER would use a bubble envelope.

They bend.

I prefer  corplast stiffeners in a poly envelope. That system is unbendable and waterproof. Cardboard is second best.

I understand that sportscards are often packaged in hard plastic cases. Those might go in thin cardboard plus a poly envelope with the intention that the card would protect the rigid plastic from cracking. But I am not familiar with how easily those holders break.

You don't want to go over 2cm thickness since that takes you out of the LetterPost/ LightPacket rate card.

ummm - If your buyer is telling you how to package and ship, use a tracked service, unless you can afford an Item Not Received dispute. I am a cynical and suspicious old lady.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply