Why did my shipping info change to 'ask seller'?

wicked-23
Community Member

It was customised with 2 options, one fast one slow, from the posting options when I created the listing.

It took forever to actually show up although my 3 day auction clock ticked away for hours before it posted which isn't very fair..but that's another issue.

then I received a message asking me what the shipping cost was and when I click their link to the ad they saw the shipping info had switched to 'ask the seller' for some reason.

I'm in Canada and the interested party was only in Florida so I wouldn't think location was the cause.

so after fretting that the shipping options I created had been wiped I finally located the ad live in the browse list the next day and it looks fine there. I had listed options for both local and international shipping.

So I had to use the eBay shipping tool to calculate cost estimates manually to message to them. But the tool doesn't show times frames for the listed estimates unfortunately nor does it include the basic long ship for cheapest. Assuming there's cheaper then Expidited.

what happened and will other interested parties get the same vague information that may cause loss of interest?

The last thing I want to do is edit the ad before I get a bid since who knows how much auction time will be lost to the reposting delay, after seeing how much was lost in my first post n edit stages.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There is a bit of a bug with dimensions and some Canada Post services to USA. That error shows when it is active. 

What is the size and weight of what you are selling?

More importantly, when did this happen? Friday or Saturday? There were widespread system errors. Does this apply to you? 

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2015/11/14/7733/

Recent site difficulties have been resolved. Your seller status won’t be affected, and fees will be credited

From 10:25 PM PT on Friday, November 13, to 6:49 AM PT on Saturday morning, November 14, eBay experienced a network connectivity issue in one of our data centres. Due to this issue, a number of eBay users experienced intermittent difficulties when trying to take advantage of certain functionality on eBay....

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It took forever to actually show up although my 3 day auction clock ticked away for hours before it posted which isn't very fair..but that's another issue.

Listings can take up to 24 hours to 'index' and show up on the site.

This is more likely to happen to new sellers like yourself, with no track record, and in high value/high fraud categories like jewellry and electronics.

The three day auction exists, but you do pay a premium for it.

Not because it is a good thing, but because eBay is trying to phase them out.

They are not live long enough to attract a decent buyer base and are rarely successful.

Save money, use the seven day auctions instead.

Very short auctions (one or three day) have also historically been used by scammers who list sell and run. This btw is also why when you do sell, your customer's cleared payment will be Held for 21 days against your good performance.

Your best choice, in my opinion, is to decide what you really want for your item, and list at that price. It is unlikely that you will get more than one bid, especially without the trackrecord, and if you get only one, at least you got your price.

Ask any questions you like here. You'll get lots of well meant advice, some friendly scolding, and good wishes.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Gaming equipment is also a high fraud item.

I would advise you to do some buying and build your feedback before selling again.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

And ship with tracking! 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply