why is shipping info blank

I won my auction, paid for it, and it was shipped to me (supposedly).  However when I click on my tracking number there is very little info.  The seller keeps promising me a postal number but has many excuses as to why he/she never sends me the info.  I'm not saying he's/she's scamming me in any way but the inability to track my package is making me nervous.

Is there anything ebay can do for me?

Sale date: 12/11/14
Global tracking number: UPAAA000000086137453

Grant

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You've made a purchase through the global shipping program so the seller would have shipped the item to Kentucky and then a company called Pitney Bowes would handle the shipping from there. It seems quite common with them for the tracking info not to show anything until the item is delivered so I wouldn't worry about the lack of tracing info. If you don't have the item after about 3 weeks, you can file an item not received claim.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Your seller used the Global Shipping Program.

Your seller used a tracked service to send the item to the GSP plant in Kentucky.

The number you see is an internal tracking number from the GSP, which is basically useless to the buyer. The seller has no control over this , so while his communication could be better the most he could tell you is that it is with the GSP. His duty has been done.

However, all tracking is useless except emotionally to buyers.

You know your purchase is on its way. Delivery from the USA can take upwards of 20 days from cleared payment.

If it has not arrived by then, you could start an Item Not Received dispute.

If the GSP cannot prove delivery you will be refunded in full.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

femmefan1946 wrote: However, all tracking is useless except emotionally to buyers. Why not ask instead whether the Global Shipping Program was advertised in the listing? It's supposed to specify if it is, so the buyer can make an informed decision whether they want to commit to the listed terms of sale. (If I'm wrong about that, I hope someone here will correct me on that score.) Tracking is absolutely worth money paid for the peace of mind it gives a buyer - which is actually a tangible (and valuable) commodity. That is but one reason why buyers pay to get it. The other benefits to tracking service: 1.contingent purchasing (if this one thing is coming, then for sure I'll want this other thing to go with it - someone else pointed out the example of a prom dress/ prom shoes combination buying) 2.not overpaying for a service that isn't provided (why pay for speedier aquisition of an item if it takes much longer than anticipated to arrive?) Tracking proves what happened, as well as when it happened; BOTH are of importance to a buyer's posture in demonstrating the seller did or did not meet terms of sale - for which the given delivery timeline can become a huge component. That's my opinion. I get tired of seeing buyers get hated on and their aims belittled with remarks like that one, all for simply wanting what they paid for... item + service. Why would anyone imply that tracking is mere emotional thumb sucking?? &#/!@ That's demeaning and simply untrue. Why such ridicule tracking for meeting the very reasonable desire to confirm shipment and ACTUAL transit time of an order's anticipated progress? Every good business model employs it for the additional reasons stated. It's characterize those purposes as Useless
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I digress. Probably prompted by emotional response. 🙂
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You've made a purchase through the global shipping program so the seller would have shipped the item to Kentucky and then a company called Pitney Bowes would handle the shipping from there. It seems quite common with them for the tracking info not to show anything until the item is delivered so I wouldn't worry about the lack of tracing info. If you don't have the item after about 3 weeks, you can file an item not received claim.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply