eBay omitted my unit # from my shipping address

phlurim9
Community Member

The item I recently ordered (and pd for) was rejected by my local post office because my unit # was incorrectly omitted by eBay from my shipping address. Hence, the item is now on its way back to seller. My personal info in my eBay acct has my complete mail address including unit #. I always stipulate that my shipping address is same as my mailing address. But when eBay's acct s/w inserted a shipping address into my profile, the unit # was not included. The seller mailed it to the indicated shipping address. Seller and I agreed that the missing unit # didn't appear to be either of our faults; but, to expedite delivery, we split the cost of having item re-mailed back to me. This was an eBay error. Problem is, there doesn't seem to be any way for me to raise this directly with eBay - their webpages only address issues between buyers & sellers, not between buyers & eBay nor between sellers & eBay. Is there a direct phone # or e-mail address available for me to lodge a complaint directly with eBay? Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

here is how to contact eBay by phone:

At the bottom of this page, click on "Help & Contact", then "Contact eBay" tab.  Choose any topic that seems relevant, such as

"Buying" > "How to pay for an item".   Not all topics will provide a link, but many, such as the one above, take you to a screen where you will find, on the right side, 2 choices:  call eBay on a toll-free number, or have them call you.  Follow the prompts.  Have all the relevant information ready.  Be patient - it may take a long time and several customer service reps, before you have all your questions answered satisfactorily.  If you are not getting logical answers, ask to speak to a supervisor.  Call back if needed.  The call centre is in the Phillippines, not all operatives are well trained or familiar with eBay Canada.  If you're lucky, you'll get the call centre in Utah and a native English speaker to assist you - you're best chance for this is weekdays during regular business hours.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

My personal info in my eBay acct has my complete mail address including unit #.

But what the seller is required to use is the address in Paypal.

Have you checked that?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply