how do I ship non tracked small items in bubble mailer?

I sent out my first sale yesterday and it cost me 9.90 for a light packet and 2 something for Paypal.  It seems like regardless of the weight of an item shipping is always around $10.  How can I mail out without tracking so that I mail out vintage pins and things at a low cost?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Make sure your item is under 2cm and ship via lettermail. Technically, anything non-paper product is supposed to be shipped via Light Packtet, but majority of sellers use lettermail anyways.

EDIT: Just saw that you paid $9.90 for light packet. Unless you're shipping 100 pins, something is wrong. I can't imagine a pin would be very heavy.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Letter and Light Packet have to be no more than 2 cm thick and 500 grams.

This is the rate card I made up for Light Packet.

to 150gto250gto500 g
USA$3.79$6.37$10.66

OVERSEAS$6.51$10.46$19.12

You can reduce the cost if you can reduce the weight.

But .... do you have a scale? You can buy one at Canadian Tire for less than $20.

Then you can weigh your item at home and post it right into the red box on the street corner or bypass the clerk for the slot in the PO counter.

I find it hard to believe that a bubble envelope and a pin would weigh more than half a pound.

I don't understand what you mean by '2 something for Paypal'. PP charges a fee for processing your customer's payment , but again if you mean $2.00 that seems high for something you are willing to ship without Confirmation of Delivery/tracking.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Make sure your item is under 2cm and ship via lettermail. Technically, anything non-paper product is supposed to be shipped via Light Packtet, but majority of sellers use lettermail anyways.

EDIT: Just saw that you paid $9.90 for light packet. Unless you're shipping 100 pins, something is wrong. I can't imagine a pin would be very heavy.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you so much for a reply. I am just now mailing out my first lettermail for a cz bracelet. I called the post office and they said it was 1.80 for 40 grams plus tax, so 2.05. I think I got a hang of it now.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

How did you get $3.79 I have shipped ear buds to the states that weight 0.044 KG and it costs $4.28
Message 5 of 5
latest reply