i ordered as a guest and was given an access code to log in to view the order but it will not log in

tammpent_0
Community Member

i ordered as a guest user and now i cannot log in to check the order. I do need to contact the seller. How do I do this. The access code will not allow me to log in.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

i ordered as a guest and was given an access code to log in to view the order but it will not log in

You should be able to log in. Maybe ebay is "down" right now for you and try again. Under the help pages it says this:

Here's what we found for "Buying as a guest on eBay"

You can purchase Buy It Now items without having an eBay account by using guest checkout. If you want to bid on or sell items, or leave feedback for sellers, you'll need to register an account.

When buying as a guest, you can:

• View order details
  • Track the package
  • Email the seller
  • Return the item
  • Let us know you didn't receive the item

To view your order details and track the item, you'll need to open your order confirmation email and select View Order Details.

If you didn't receive the item, or if it doesn't match the listing description, you've covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Just make sure you are not already logged into ebay as a registered user or guest. If you are, log out of ebay and then go to the email confirmation for your order and access everything from there.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Just make sure you are not already logged into ebay as a registered user or guest. If you are, log out of ebay and then go to the email confirmation for your order and access everything from there.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@tammpent_0 wrote:

i ordered as a guest user and now i cannot log in to check the order. I do need to contact the seller. How do I do this. The access code will not allow me to log in.

The eBay help files say:

If you bought an item as a guest, you'll need to sign in as a guest user to view your order details.

Follow these steps:

1. If you're signed in to eBay, sign out to avoid any error messages.
  2. Find your eBay guest order confirmation email — the subject line starts with "Guest Order."
  3. Select View order details in the email.
  4. Enter your email address and access code to sign in as a guest user.

-..-

Message 5 of 5
latest reply