shipping

I am selling a 2 disc cd set in case. A person is asking me if I can change the shipping price on the invoice if I send only the cds and art work without the case, as he wants cheaper shipping

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shipping

Technically, you can charge whatever you want for shipping, so long as it is not higher than the advertised shipping price.

In this case, I would politely refuse to change what you are shipping to the buyer, since that is not what you sold him and he could win an Item Not As Described dispute.

You can decide for yourself whether to reduce the cost of shipping. I wouldn't because he saw the shipping cost before he bid. He should be standing behind his decision.

Politely-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

shipping

Technically, you can charge whatever you want for shipping, so long as it is not higher than the advertised shipping price.

In this case, I would politely refuse to change what you are shipping to the buyer, since that is not what you sold him and he could win an Item Not As Described dispute.

You can decide for yourself whether to reduce the cost of shipping. I wouldn't because he saw the shipping cost before he bid. He should be standing behind his decision.

Politely-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

shipping

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would try to be flexible and accommodate buyer, to keep them happy, buyer would not necessarily win a claim for "Item Not As Described" dispute BECAUSE this seller is stating they have a request from buyer for a change in the order. femmefan1946 doesn't seem to be a flexible seller.

Sellers who don't want to accommodate a buyer's reasonable request should state this info in the listings so buyers do know this.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply