what is standard international shipping?

I'm new to ebay and I'm confused about shipping-looks like a common thing...anyways I'm just wondering what is 'standard international shipping'? What or who is this shipped/delivered from? I live in Canada and I'm trying to keep the shipping costs, etc...as low as possible.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2014

The problem with zombie threads is that the information may be out of date and misleading.

In this case, 'standard international shipping' is a catchall term used by sellers who are not listing on their home sites.

It means nothing.

Read the cost and the delivery time before buying.

If your item is not delivered by the last estimated date for delivery given by eBay (mark it on your calendar) go to the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

Standard International Shipping is a generic term for anything the seller wants to use.

Look instead to the Estimated Date of Delivery for answers and insight. Is it passed? Open an Item Not Received case and DO NOT accept an offer of replacement. Take your refund and buy again if the mood strikes. You can always use paypal to send the money back to the seller if it eventually arrives. 

still  no  order   it  was  placed  and paid  for  sept.30/17   my  tracking number  is  RG617422018CN    i  have  been  in  ouch  with shoppingfor joy.  they  said to  give  to nove6/17.  well  that is today.  i  havea  very  very  upset  grandson

ZOMBIE THREAD from 2014

Standard International Shipping is basicly snail mail. No tracking, held up by customs for weeks and basicly takes 5 weeks to receive an item that should only take 2-3weeks.
What is standard international shipping? Is shipped by air? land? or sea?

jeanandcat0

This is an Item Not Received.

Go to the bottom of this page and open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre.

It's automated and fast.

The first suggestion is to contact the seller but it is not a command, just a suggestion.

Ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery(not shipping, Delivery) you will be refunded.

Having worked for some 30 years in mail order, one precept is that if you need it fast don't order by mail.

"Standard international shipping" has two meanings, both are smoke and mirrors.

Foreigners (such as Canadians) are allowed to post on eBaydotCOM, the US site and the most active.

But sellers cannot use the USPS services which are standard there, since they are not shipping from the US. So they/we use this term to give a Flat Rate which we will charge our customers. The actual service would vary from seller to seller, nation to nation.

It is worthwhile asking if the seller will be using Air Mail (very important) and tracking/Delivery Confirmation (not important).

A seller may also use the term if she is not sure exactly how she will be shipping and doesn't want to be tied down. This shouldn't concern you, but you should be aware that the fee she lists is the most she can charge. She can upgrade (or downgrade) the service, but if she says she will charge you $5 (or $50) she cannot charge more.

Specifying your shipping costs and locations

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/shipping-costs.html

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts