Who is responsible for the cost of reshipping when an item is returned because of incomplete address

I purchased an item on ebay, put the shipping address in the correct spot including the name of the Company it was to be shipped to. The seller shipped the item but did not include my name on the package so the item was returned to him. He will not reship the item unless I pay the shipping again. Is that correct or is it his responsibility as the mistake was his?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Who is responsible for the cost of reshipping when an item is returned because of incomplete address

whoever made the mistake should pay.seems he did

.file a not received claim,see if that changes his mind.

i made a mistake recently writing buyers address down,i refunded her,then when it was returned to me,she repaid me and i remailed,of course i had to pay the postage it was my fault

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi

If the package was return to sender Hi pay to get that package back because hi make the mistake. To shippe back the package to you if hi is nice seller  hi should pay the shipping because hi make the mistake but hi will argue that Im sure.

Regards

MVS stained glass

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Did you enter the correct address on your Paypal* payment or did you just email the address to the seller?

Did you warn the mailing room at "the company" that you were expecting a parcel to be delivered there for you?

While the seller was in error not using the entire address, you were also remiss in not making sure the parcel was expected and would be correctly routed to you once received.

I think the two of you should split the cost of reshipping.

I also think you should not have anything shipped to an address that is not expecting it. A post office box, or your mother's house perhaps.

*Sellers are required to ship only to addresses on the Paypal invoice. You can have several of these and they are sometimes called 'gift' addresses.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply