A Buyer opened a "dispute" and my PayPal is "held". How do I issue the refund?

A Buyer, brand-new to eBay, purchased an item from me and rather than contact me directly for a return and refund, opened an "Item not as described" dispute with eBay.  In subsequent emails to me, she said the item IS as described, but still wants to return it.

I have no problem issuing a full refund (no shipping charges as it was free shipping).  She is returning the item to me.

But because of the 'dispute', my PayPal is on hold for the amount of the refund.  How the heck do I issue the refund now that the "Issue Refund" link has vanished?

No one from eBay or PayPal has answered my inquiry about this.  I expect to receive the item back within the next couple of days, and want to issue the refund promptly.

Help!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

This situation was finally resolved but it took +1 hour of phone calls with Ebay and PayPal. The 'mechanism' for Resolve a Case isn't working, and the PayPal link to issue a refund was unavailable. It hand to be handled manually. Very frustrating, but at least I've been able to refund my Buyer's purchase and close the case.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You tell her to return the item.

When the item returns, and only then, you refund the original payment. You are not required to refund the return shipping, nor should you since this appears to be a case of 'buyer's remorse'.

When PP is notified that you have the item back, the money will be released and you can refund.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply