A seller asking me to give him my email address so he can send me a paypal invoice...

kit42011
Community Member

The seller is offering me to buy is item i didnt win, because the winner wants the item ship to China. He wants me to give him my email address so he can send me a paypal invoice. I refuse. He then tells me hes not aloud to sell on ebay till the first day of next month, that he,s an honest seller and everything we buy from paypal is protect. I seriously doubt about that as i read paypal user agreements. My english is not that good though...
Can anyone help me with this? Is this a fraudulent seller?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I would not continue with this and ignore any further emails he sends you.  If he does not stop I would contact ebay and let them deal with it

Sellers know what is allowed to take place here and what is not and he is violating these rules by trying to do a deal off ebay

Unless the item is a one of a kind item it most likely will show up on ebay again and you can deal with someone who wont do it the way he is

A good Rule of Thumb dealing on the Internet is if you don't feel comfortable about something walk away from it  Your instincts are probably right and you don't need the hassle if something goes wrong

weavers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

I simple stated that EBay did not allow us to send the email address to the seller and by doing this they refunded my money.  As far as buying from China I quite often buy beads from China and have had great success. thank you for the response.

Just to add to this ..

You are protected through paypal so the seller was not lying...

Sellers can not mention doing a deal outside of ebay but buyers can ask...

If you pay with Credit card through paypal then you can also do a chargeback on your credit card ..

I would not bother if I was you but it doesn't mean because they mention it that they are scammer but it is always better safe then sorry .....

Ask a Question