Collecting shipping fees

I am new to selling on Ebay. After my first sale it appears that the purchase price paid by the buyer (less ebay fee) made it into my paypal account but my shipping fee the buyer paid does not seem to have been credited to my Paypal account or anyplace else that I can find. So when I go to the post office and pay for postage I'm not sure how I can recover that postage expense from where ever it is being held in Paypal. Although this is probably a basic question, I can't find an answer in any of the Q&A's. Can anyone help me to understand how shipping fees are collected by sellers?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Collecting shipping fees

Your shipping fee plus sale cost should be the total showing on your paypal transaction. It's not a separate transaction.  Your shipping should have been set up on your listing.

Paypal at the moment has a transaction display failure for eBay sales that shows shipping as "true" rather than the actual shipping amount paid. The total displayed does include the shipping that was paid.

For parcels, you can buy a shipping label through paypal (some discounts are available), then print and tape the label to your package.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Collecting shipping fees

Your shipping fee plus sale cost should be the total showing on your paypal transaction. It's not a separate transaction.  Your shipping should have been set up on your listing.

Paypal at the moment has a transaction display failure for eBay sales that shows shipping as "true" rather than the actual shipping amount paid. The total displayed does include the shipping that was paid.

For parcels, you can buy a shipping label through paypal (some discounts are available), then print and tape the label to your package.

-..-

Message 2 of 2
latest reply