Funds said released on the 3rd now it says the 22nd. What's going on? a way to be paid earlier?

I need these funds. The reason I'm selling. 

I completely thought I'd receive them today. But now the date has been extended.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Funds said released on the 3rd now it says the 22nd. What's going on? a way to be paid earlier?

@eternalmagicandgaming wrote:

I completely thought I'd receive them today. But now the date has been extended.

These are buyer and seller forums, so with the limited info you provided any reply here is a wild guess.

Sign into your PayPal account.

Select the PayPal Help & Contact link at the bottom of the PayPal summary page.

There are some Frequently Asked Questions details and at the bottom of the page is a Call us link -- this will give you a toll free number with passcode to use when you phone. This passcode expires after 60 minutes and is to help make sure the person phoning is the account user.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You have run into the PayPal 21-day-hold placed on ALL new and occasional sellers.  It is nothing personal, its just how the system works.  If you call eBay and explain that the buyers left good feedback you MAY (but don't count on it) get the funds released early, especially if you have tracking that shows it was "Delivered".  

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/payment_hold.html#new

If the funds were promised earlier, that would just be a standard automatic message.  What will be applied to your account specifically depends on your unique situation, ie, you are a new and low-volume seller.   

Use the Help & Contact link at the top or bottom of the page.  The call is free to find out if you can get the money sooner, so you have nothing to lose by asking.  Remember, if you don't ask they can't say "yes".  

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

These are buyer and seller forums, so with the limited info you provided any reply here is a wild guess.

Sign into your PayPal account.

Select the PayPal Help & Contact link at the bottom of the PayPal summary page.

There are some Frequently Asked Questions details and at the bottom of the page is a Call us link -- this will give you a toll free number with passcode to use when you phone. This passcode expires after 60 minutes and is to help make sure the person phoning is the account user.

-..-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I sold some items on eBay. The availability date for my funds said the 3rd and the 4th
Now that the 3rd has come by the availability date has seemingly been extended until the 22nd. The other date still says the 4th but I know tomorrow its going to say the 23rd! Is there a way to stop this and have my money? Buyers are hppy and left amazing feedback
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Early release for new US sellers is a lot easier than for new Canadian sellers.
Help files on holds: http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/payment_hold.html
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You have run into the PayPal 21-day-hold placed on ALL new and occasional sellers.  It is nothing personal, its just how the system works.  If you call eBay and explain that the buyers left good feedback you MAY (but don't count on it) get the funds released early, especially if you have tracking that shows it was "Delivered".  

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/payment_hold.html#new

If the funds were promised earlier, that would just be a standard automatic message.  What will be applied to your account specifically depends on your unique situation, ie, you are a new and low-volume seller.   

Use the Help & Contact link at the top or bottom of the page.  The call is free to find out if you can get the money sooner, so you have nothing to lose by asking.  Remember, if you don't ask they can't say "yes".  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The funds are Held to the second.

Not to be nasty, it's just how computers work.

If your buyer paid on January 1 at 17:01:03, the money should have been released into your account on January 22 at 17:01:03.

You do know you can use the Held funds to pay for PP shipping labels, right? And that you get discounts between 5% and 18% off PO counters prices on some services?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply