How do I pay for an item, but cancel shipping and leave the seller keep the item?

I recently won a bid foran item  .09 cents and now want to pay the seller for the item but want him to keep it for himself and resell it.  The reason being that the shipping is over $70 dollars to where I want it shipped overseas and i was able to get one shippd for under 10 dollers from the uk.  I just don't want a bad feedback because I didn't pay for the item.  I want to pay for the item and give it back to him.  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How do I pay for an item, but cancel shipping and leave the seller keep the item?

You bid and won an item without realizing the shipping cost?

And now you want to back out of the transaction?

Okay.

Ask the seller politely if he will request a Mutual Cancellation of the transaction.

If he agrees accept it IMMEDIATELY that you receive it.

This will release both of you from the transaction. He will get his selling fees (as much as 20% of your payment) back. Both of you can leave feedback.

Leave positive feedback. "Thank you for your help and professionalism.' for example.

You can't pay only for the item and not the shipping. The seller can change the shipping fee, but in this case , he would probably be reluctant, since the selling price is so much lower than the shipping. If he were to do as you ask, you could, if you were some sort of sociopath, demand that he ship the item for the invoice and paid price.

And that just ain't gonna happen.

Or you can just not pay. The seller will open an Unpaid Item Dispute. You will lose, unless you pay up, and get a Strike on your buying account. Most seller have automatic Blocks against bidders with Strikes , so buying on eBay will become difficult. Neither you nor the seller can leave feedback.

FWIW. While buyers can leave positive, negative, neutral or no feedback, sellers can leave only positive or no feedback.

Politely.--- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you !
Message 3 of 3
latest reply