How much time does a partial refund take if you pay by Credit Card?

I purchased an item directly with my Credit Card, even though I also have a PayPal account linked to eBay. The seller said he sent me a partial refund on shipping via eBay, it was cheaper than I paid for. However, I do not see the transaction anywhere, neither in my PayPal account nor in my Visa Online.

Should something like this take multiple days? Or is it fairly instantaneous. I would have assumed that I would see the transaction fairly quickly after he did the refund. Is it possible he might not have completed the transaction perhaps?

Any help is welcome. Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@1pianist1teacher wrote:

I purchased an item directly with my Credit Card, even though I also have a PayPal account linked to eBay. The seller said he sent me a partial refund on shipping via eBay, it was cheaper than I paid for. However, I do not see the transaction anywhere, neither in my PayPal account nor in my Visa Online.

Should something like this take multiple days? Or is it fairly instantaneous.

If you paid with your paypal balance a refund usually same day.

Credit card refunds can take a few days.

However I don't understand this refund through eBay bit -- if the credit card payment was handled by paypal, then the seller would be refunding through paypal; if the seller took the credit card directly, the seller would refund via his credit card processor.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

@1pianist1teacher wrote:

Should something like this take multiple days? Or is it fairly instantaneous.

If you paid with your paypal balance a refund usually same day.

Credit card refunds can take a few days.

However I don't understand this refund through eBay bit -- if the credit card payment was handled by paypal, then the seller would be refunding through paypal; if the seller took the credit card directly, the seller would refund via his credit card processor.

-..-

Message 2 of 2
latest reply