Payment by credit card

rhart15
Community Member

My Paypal balance is not sufficient for paying the article I want to buy and eBay states there is a 3-5 days delay on transfering money from a bank. The seller, as most sellers, accepts only Paypal.

Question: will eBay, as I hope, automatically charge the article on my credit card? Or is there some procedure I must follow?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Payment by credit card

Yes, the entire amount would be charged to your card if the card is registered with PP.

And for what it's worth, you are as a buyer better off using your credit card as the primary source for payment, not your bank account or any balance you may have in your PP account.

First, because your cc is less likely to be short of funds.

Second, because your cc makes a truly instant payment instead of the 5 to 10 day delay for writing an e-cheque, which must clear two banking systems before your seller can print the shipping label.

Third, because if things go really pear-shaped, you have both PPs Buyer Protection and the cc's Chargeback Protection to help you out of a quandry.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Payment by credit card

Yes, the entire amount would be charged to your card if the card is registered with PP.

And for what it's worth, you are as a buyer better off using your credit card as the primary source for payment, not your bank account or any balance you may have in your PP account.

First, because your cc is less likely to be short of funds.

Second, because your cc makes a truly instant payment instead of the 5 to 10 day delay for writing an e-cheque, which must clear two banking systems before your seller can print the shipping label.

Third, because if things go really pear-shaped, you have both PPs Buyer Protection and the cc's Chargeback Protection to help you out of a quandry.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Payment by credit card

Many thanks to «reallynicestamps». Your answer is very clear and thorough, it really helps me.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply