Payment sent but order status still Unpaid

chuoca1
Community Member

I click pay on ebay to buy item id 371337885222, paypal created unique Transaction ID #5KR7808377274105N, ebay has transaction Id 749833672024, mybank charged my money but ebay still show that payment is pending and ask me to pay again.

On the order listing, it stil showing Unpaid status with Pay now button.

When I click on Paynow, ebay show error that: You have already completed checkout for this order.

I tried to contact with ebay but no email option. It always ask me to call but I am not in Canada so I don't want to make a international calling

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Contact your seller and ask him or her to confirm your item is paid and then you should be able to manually 'mark as payment sent' in your Purchase History on a desktop computer where you can open the browser properly. (Unless something has changed with the drop down menu options. I can't check as I have no unpaid orders placed with other sellers.) 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Contact your seller and ask him or her to confirm your item is paid and then you should be able to manually 'mark as payment sent' in your Purchase History on a desktop computer where you can open the browser properly. (Unless something has changed with the drop down menu options. I can't check as I have no unpaid orders placed with other sellers.) 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If the funds came out of your bank account, it takes several business days for the transfer to be complete - like writing a cheque.  If this is the case, there should be an icon in the payment status on your summary page, that would indicate that there is a wait for an e-cheque to clear.  The seller would also have this information.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

maggiebvintage is correct about the e-cheques although I have seen fewer buyers use those to pay lately.

Plus, I have been told that some international banks require a person to have funds in their paypal account before they can use those funds. It's sort of the opposite process as here. Germany is one of those countries, or so paypal told me the last time as a seller I had trouble with a payment that never showed as cleared. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I contact with seller and they shipped my item. Then I contact with eBay via email and they said I don't need to do anything else. I am not sure what problem but the order is now set as paid.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Paypal will charge and ebay should set as paid immediately, I bought lot of other and no one of them has any delay. I contacted with seller and he/she said he/she got the money, they shipped it to me.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

That is good to hear and I am glad everything worked in the end as it should. Sometimes there are little hiccups with the status of actions on ebay. Like when I leave feedback for a buyer, it doesn't show as such for a few minutes afterwards. Or that emails have been sent to show it was shipped. That kind of thing. If this happened overnight on Thursday, there were also reports afterwards by other users that the regular maintenance that ebay does being somewhat disruptive.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply