U.S MONEY ORDER PAYMENT MADE

leclalyn
Community Member

I payed for my item on Ebay with a u.s money order, but it won't go through because I didn't pay with paypal or credit cards. Now my seller can't print out my address sticker till that happens. HELP ME PLEASE someone.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

What colour was the money order?

Not a silly question, because many Americans don't realize that those green MOs can't be cashed outside the USA.

So in effect, if you sent a green domestic MO to the seller, you didn't pay*.

This will take time to sort out.

You could ask the seller to return the uncashable MO, go to the post office and replace it with a INTERNATIONAL postal money order (they used to be pink, but then the USPS got fancy). This should take about a month round trip. Less if you both feel trusting and allow the MOs to cross in the mail.

You could ask that the MO be returned in your package and pay through Paypal which is free to the buyer and, if you back your account with a credit card, instant. If you back it with your bank account, the money will leave your account immediately, but takes up to 10 days to clear the two banking systems and be deposited to your seller's name.

The seller is not exactly wrong about the PP shipping label. He can print one out by marking the purchase paid manually, but again, unless you used an INTERNATIONAL POSTAL MONEY ORDER, you did not pay. You might as well have paid him in pre-WWII French francs. And he may not have any money in his PP account.

Or he could , if you had paid him with something he can turn into cash, print out a label from canadapost.ca, or even just use postage stamps.**

*I've got one of those for $7.95 dated 1997.

** Postage stamps are this fascinating shipping product produced by Canada Post that are little prepaid shipping labels that can be used on any parcel or letter and have pretty pictures of flowers and queens and landscapes and polar bears. Great idea,and very handy,  more countries should adopt it!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@leclalyn wrote:

I payed for my item on Ebay with a u.s money order, but it won't go through because I didn't pay with paypal or credit cards. Now my seller can't print out my address sticker till that happens. HELP ME PLEASE someone.

Assuming your seller could cash your money order:

Then your seller manually marks your purchase as paid in eBay.

If the seller wants to purchase shipping through paypal they enter your address manually (cut & paste) using

www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now&

Or they can buy shipping from the post office or any other shipper and manually use the address eBay provided them (or you can provide it again through eBay's mail system).

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Or did you mean you used a Canadian money order in US funds?

He can deposit it in his bank, where it will take about 10 days to clear.

If you bought a Canada Post money order, he can cash it at the post office. He can then use the money to buy stamps to ship your order.

If he is too stupid to do either of those ask him to return the MO and buy from another, brighter, seller.

BTW, money orders cost you more and are less secure than paying through Paypal backed by a credit card. If your seller demanded the MO, he broke a very important eBay rule. It would be wise in that case to treat the seller as if he were a scammer.

If you offered the MO, the seller is just confused.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply