When I return an item that was not described as is will i get the return shipping charges refunded

Do I have to pay to refund an item that was not according to order, and what kind of shipping must I do. Is this really worth it. This system is not designed for the buyer to return a miss matched item at his costs

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

When I return an item that was not described as is will i get the return shipping charges refunded

Agreed. 

No, there are no allowances to refund the shipping cost incurred by the buyer when returning an item. Generally, all shipping costs to return an item for all reasons are paid solely by the buyer. 

You have the choice to decide if it is worth it to go through the process and cost of returning the item. Some buyers choose to keep the item, and then list it and try to sell it to another buyer. This may or may not be an option in your case. 

If the item truly is not as described/does not match the photo in the listing, etc. then try to contact the seller to see if they will refund you the cost of shipping it back. Try to work out some kind of an agreement with the buyer first to give you a partial refund, or some other solution that is mutually agreeable to you both.

If the seller is unresponsive, then you as a buyer are entitled to open an Item not as Described case with ebay.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

No. The Standard Practice is that the buyer returns unwanted items at her own cost.

However, the seller may, as a Best Practice, also refund the return shipping when the he was the cause of the problem.

This is voluntary. It will also be a separate payment, since the seller cannot refund through Paypal any more than the original payment.

The buyer can express her opinion of the transaction through feedback, detailed seller ratings, and responses to feedback already left.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Oh, you have to use a service that has Delivery Confirmation  , just in case you have to get Paypal involved. PP will require the buyer to prove that the item has been received by the seller.

Tracking is not needed, but most DC services are also tracked.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply