after a sale on ebay, when will I see funds in Paypal?

sipalot
Community Member

I listed an item on ebay and was notified that it was sold.    The buyer added extra money so that I would ship to Nigeria???  Checking my paypal account shows no money, but I am getting a flurry of emails from "paypal" saying I will not see any money until I provide a tracking number.  I think this is a scam.  However, trying to get a live person to answer at Paypal or eBay is almost impossible.  Any adice?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I listed an item on ebay and was notified that it was sold.  

Is it in your Items Sold list  (My eBay-> Selling-> Sold) ?

If it isn't it was not sold.

The buyer added extra money so that I would ship to Nigeria???  

No he didn't.

This is a scam.

You are NOT required to ship to any address that is not on the buyer's eBay invoice.

but I am getting a flurry of emails from "paypal" saying I will not see any money until I provide a tracking number.

Part of the scam.

Any adice?

Block the 'buyer'.

DO NOT SHIP

If you are getting these messages through eBay, use the Report button.

DO NOT SHIP

Ignore and delete all messages from the scammer.

DO NOT SHIP

Do not communicate in any way with the scammer.

DO NOT SHIP.

If eBay shows your item as Sold, go to the bottom of this page and open an Unpaid Item Dispute as soon as possible, which is 48 hours after the 'sale'.

Ignore the Contact Buyer suggestion.

Ask eBay to step in and escalate the Dispute.

When the scammer does not shop eBay that he has paid, your selling fees will be refunded, the transaction will be voided and you can relist the item

Make sure that you use the Blocked Countries part of International Shipping. New sellers should not sell outside North America until they have at least 10 DSRs and know what a DSR is.

TL--DR

Nigeria.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Masive, major scam. Forward to spoof@paypal.com.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/report-problem

And maybe block Nigeria as a ship-to if you haven't already. 

Total SCAM.

PayPal never sends you those kind of messages.

Does the item show as a sale in your My eBay SOLD section?

While Nigeria does have some legit buyers, they are outnumbered by the scammers.

-,,-

you're totally Scammed. Do not ship since paypal aweres that no payment was done.

Ask a Question