chargeback from Paypal FRAUD? 2x now have sold~tracking#-buyers claiming no aware of transactions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Twice now I have been defrauded by buyers on Ebay claiming the new chargeback on paypal. I send everything with tracking number and hmmm, sellers are getting ripped off once again with buyers on Ebay claiming that they are unaware such transactions! What in sam hell is going on. 

the MESSAGE ebay is sending.."This is a perfect opportunity to get free stuff on Ebay.  All you have to do is play stupid. Just buy something on ebay and then claim you don't know what this charge is on your credit card"  How could it be any easier.  I strongly believe that it has to be safe for sellers also and not just buyers.  I put a lot of time and money into ebay for me to gamble with my money in hopes that I will have all honest buyers.

Last time when ebay came up with buyer protection I lost over $300.00 in sales plus my merchandise and seller fees! I can't afford to do this again, someone help or start a petition or something. Ebay doesn't really care if a seller loses money but they are right on it when a buyer complains.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

chargeback from Paypal FRAUD? 2x now have sold~tracking#-buyers claiming no aware of transactions

First of all, I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you. It seems to me the problem lays with the chargeback, no? Have you spoken with paypal about it? I don't think ebay will be able to do anything to fix this. If you've shipped with tracking and to the address listed on the transaction page, is it not a clear-cut case that you did want you needed to do? 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Paypal doesn't like these credit card chargebacks either. After all, they are also out money, especially if they cannot find the original sellers.

Go to Paypal and phone their Resolution Centre.

Also go to your listings and look at them as if you were a scammer. Is there anything that you are doing that encourages them to cheat? One thing I would warn about is anything that says "no returns" or "no refunds". These phrases say even to honest buyers that the seller is unwilling to find solutions to problem transactions. But I see that you do allow returns. It might be the buyer pays return shipping, although that is a very normal policy.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply