how do I extend the payment deadline date

sweweeke
Community Member

I wrote to the seller jewelry seller to let him know that my Bank card was compromised, and the Bank will be issuing me a new card by t April 27. I do intend to purchase all the items in queue. In spite of my messages, the seller still opened a non payment file. I've never not paid for items that I  won. If you check my history you can see that I'm not accustomed nor have I ever done so.

Please let the seller know that I will pay for all items on the 27th. I also wrote to Zou Ci Yuan and he was okay with the arrangement, why did this jewelry sale open a case against me. My
Bank advised me to  stay off ebay, but I love shopping especially with the beautiful jewelry, which I've given to family and friends.

PLEASE EXTEND  THE PAYMENT DEADLINE TO THE 27TH and not 24th and let the seller know please, also close the case against me my rating is almost 100% on ebay. My Bank card was compromised, and needed time for the Bank to do the change.

Thank you,

Sharon

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is a member to member Board and eBay employees don't often come here.

Your seller doesn't want to wait another week for his money.

Going only by his name, I'm guessing he is in China.

There is a good chance that a) he is a fairly large company b) no one really speaks English there c) he has automatic systems set up to open Disputes on unpaid items.

You can:

Attach a credit card to the Paypal account and use that to pay. This is actually safer than a 'bank card' which again I'm guessing is a 'debit card' that takes money from your bank balance. In addition to your PP Buyer Protection, you will also have your card's protection with a much longer deadline.

If anything goes wrong with such an 'e-cheque' transaction, eBay has no way of forcing the seller to refund you.

Move cash from your bank account to your Paypal account. You may have to use a credit card to do this. However, the same problem about bad transactions holds true.

Don't pay. The seller's dispute will close. The transaction will be void. He will get his fees back. You will get a Strike against your buying account which may restrict your ability to bid or buy on eBay. Neither of you will be able to leave feedback.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

This is a member to member Board and eBay employees don't often come here.

Your seller doesn't want to wait another week for his money.

Going only by his name, I'm guessing he is in China.

There is a good chance that a) he is a fairly large company b) no one really speaks English there c) he has automatic systems set up to open Disputes on unpaid items.

You can:

Attach a credit card to the Paypal account and use that to pay. This is actually safer than a 'bank card' which again I'm guessing is a 'debit card' that takes money from your bank balance. In addition to your PP Buyer Protection, you will also have your card's protection with a much longer deadline.

If anything goes wrong with such an 'e-cheque' transaction, eBay has no way of forcing the seller to refund you.

Move cash from your bank account to your Paypal account. You may have to use a credit card to do this. However, the same problem about bad transactions holds true.

Don't pay. The seller's dispute will close. The transaction will be void. He will get his fees back. You will get a Strike against your buying account which may restrict your ability to bid or buy on eBay. Neither of you will be able to leave feedback.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Much appreciated very helpful info. Forgot to mention my main reason for being late in my payment. Car accident I was involved in last month, took high priority.

I would prefer to use my Bank card, given the credit cards and the interests, but thanks for the info.

All items are paid off and your sellers conduct their business with such great ethics. Enjoyed my shopping experience.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply