if I do not pay for auction

what happens when I contact buyer to retract bid and they do not get it in time before auction is up?do I still got to pay or what happens if I don't pay?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Contact the seller again and explain about your attempt to retract your bid.

Ask for a Mutual Cancellation. If he agrees, accept the MC immediately and leave positive feedback. "thank you for helping a newbie" would be appropriate.

If he does not agree, he can as noted, open an Unpaid Item Dispute which gives you a Strike. Most sellers have automatic Blocks on bidders with Strikes making it much more difficult to bid and buy on eBay.

I've had a new buyer purchase an item from me which they did not make payment for. So they contacted me a day later asking if I can cancel the sale....and I did - only because they made the effort to communicate with me by messaging me. If that person hadn't messaged me, my eBay settings would've automatically opened an unpaid item case against the buyer for non payment on the 4th day. FYI, once the buyer's account has three of those unpaid item strikes, their account gets automatically shut down by eBay.

Yes you have to pay and if you don't you get an unpaid item strike against you.
Ask a Question