Access Denied?

When I try to print a label with PayPal or just typing www.paypal.com, I keep receiving this message:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.paypal.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.ed2bf648.1413582872.236a562c

What is going on? I deleted all my cookies and history. I use IE.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Access Denied?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you use the link from your "My eBay" account?  It is more safer there and always be sure to see "s" in https all the time, even when you are dealing with $$$ online at any time.

If you don't see "s" in https, turn off your computer and start over.  And always use the link from your "My eBay" account.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Access Denied?

Yes, I used the link in my eBay page. Nothing works... I'm really starting to worry...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Access Denied?

I tried to login into Paypal just now, and I got the exact same message. Was just trying to check my Paypal balance. Strange.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Access Denied?

I just tried to go to Paypal with Firefox, and it worked fine. The message came up only on Internet Explorer 8.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Access Denied?

Thanks Melissa for checking. I guess I'll try again tomorrow and if it still does not work, I'll have to wait and print my labels at work Monday. I advised my costumers of this problem.

The thing is, I can't even pay for my purchases and THAT is also frustrating! I don't want an Unpaid Item case against me! 😞

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Access Denied?

That would be because ie8 is old, obsolete and not secure up to todays standards.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Access Denied?

Two days ago, ebay made the following announcement:

"

Posted October 17th, 2014 at 2:17 PM Filed in: General Announcements

To make shopping even safer for you, eBay is restricting site access through older versions of web b...

We have decided to restrict the use of an outdated Internet security protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined it does not meet our standards. This industry-wide protocol, which is more than 18 years old, has been recently restricted by many Internet companies because it has a vulnerability.

Fortunately, the newest versions of browsers available provide higher levels of protection. The newest versions of Internet ExplorerGoogle ChromeFirefox and Safari will continue to work without SSL 3.0. However, customers using older browsers (see below) without support for the newer, more secure protocol, will experience issues using eBay and need to update their browser.

Implementing this change is necessary to provide a safe, secure online shopping experience to our millions of customers, which is our top priority.

- See more at: http://announcements.ebay.ca/2014/10/17/7640/#sthash.VEJT4Mfv.dpuf

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Access Denied?

Thanks for the announcement! I updated my Windows yesterday and after that, PayPal seemed to work. I don't know if it helped or if PayPal just went back on track during the night, but at least, I was able to print my labels and pay for my purchases.

However, I can't update my browser. I did it when the newest version came out and was totally unable to access any Internet websites after that. It refused to work with Vista. So I had to delete IE9 and stay with IE8. As for other browsers, I do not have enough memory on my computer to download another one unfortunately.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Access Denied?

I haven't had the access denied message on IE8 since then, only that one evening it seems. They couldn't have completely phased IE8 out yet if I'm able to login. I actually prefer Internet Explorer over Firefox and Google Chrome, I find it works better, even with websites trying to phase it out. I hope they don't phase it out completely. Seems to still be working with most websites, and is not slow or laggy, for me anyways it isn't. I am unable to update to IE9 because I'm running Windows XP, which I also prefer over Vista or Windows 7, but I do have Firefox installed just incase, for the very few websites that won't work with IE8.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply